Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Re: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I think at this point you should actually create a gang of 10, of course anonymously (except to the group members), and this gang could conspire to take over the world (or at least Redszone).
    Well, we do already have the t-shirts...
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

And yes, Raisor made us get him one that was two sizes too large - - so he could wear t-shirt with no pants
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

If you can (a) parlay his RBI total into a "sell high" scenario and (b) sign Choo with the funds, then I'd do it

5. Likes:

gilpdawg (08-29-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    And yes, Raisor made us get him one that was two sizes too large - - so he could wear t-shirt with no pants
    My (lack of) pants has been talked about a bunch in the last 24 hours

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

I can tell Dusty didn't care to much that he blasted a reporter right in front of him. Which leads me to believe it happens more times then is being reported. I know Bailey isn't the biggest fans of 700wlw. This team needs a leader.. A Scotty Rolen type. I liked what Mattingly did with Puig last night too. These players run the show and it should be the manager who runs things. Next Phillips will change his name to Brandon Cuatro and getting his own reality show. So many young kids look up to BP and the past 5 or so months he has turned into an absolute diva.

That aside... Who really would want that type of baggage? He will be a Red next season and beyond. I would however bench him though for his tirade. Dusty needs to gain some respect in that dugout instead of just reading toothpick digest.

8. Likes:

remdog (08-29-2013)

I'm confused.

Is the Phillips people are wanting to dump because he got mad, something everyone does, the same BP that gives away trips to Spring Training, shows up at kids Little league and High School games? the one that treats strangers to dinner, doesn't drink, never gets in any trouble and always has a smile on his face?

That Brandon Phillips?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

10. Likes:

BCubb2003 (08-29-2013),Benihana (08-30-2013),Rantly (08-30-2013),remdog (08-29-2013),Revering4Blue (08-29-2013)

There's a stat used in Baseball Prospectus, OBI%. The percentage of base runners a hitter drives in. Others Batted In %. Excludes batting in yourself on a homer.

Of all players in MLB this year with 200 or more PAs, Phillips (by my count) ranks tenth in OBI% at 19.2%. Again, this isn't an absolute number due to Choo and Votto providing opportunities. This is the PERCENTAGE of runners driven in.

The next highest percentage on the Reds is Frazier and Bruce at 15.6%. Way down the list.

Votto/Choo likely suffer in this category because they are walked so often with men on base.

But Phillips is way ahead of anyone else on the club.

For the right return, anyone is tradeable. That said, the idea, imo, of trading BP has absolutely nothing to do w/ his blowup @ C. Trent yesterday.

13. Likes:

remdog (08-29-2013)

I'm late to this thread, but let me try to catch up.

We're discussing whether or not to trade Brandon Phillips and a pair of Raisor's pants for Raisor's mom and Votto the cat. Did I miss anything else?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

We're discussing whether or not to trade Brandon Phillips and a pair of Raisor's pants for Raisor's mom and Votto the cat. Did I miss anything else?
    The litter box and the no-trade claws.

I want better Defense on this team, not worse. That means no Choo in Center.

Phillips back is a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

I think it's possible I share too much

Yes. I want him traded for Mike Trout and Bryce Harper. The Angels and Nationals can split time with Brandon. Seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm confused.

Is the Phillips people are wanting to dump because he got mad, something everyone does, the same BP that gives away trips to Spring Training, shows up at kids Little league and High School games? the one that treats strangers to dinner, doesn't drink, never gets in any trouble and always has a smile on his face?

That Brandon Phillips?
    I believe you are confused if you think how he acted was just getting "mad" and "something everyone does." Everyone gets mad at times. Repeatedly calling someone a fat _______ in public is not an average response to anger. Is that how you behave when you get "mad?" He is a representative of the organization. He represented it very poorly yesterday.

Now, I think this can and should be handled internally and, provided this type of stuff does not start becoming a repeated issue, I would only be in favor of a trade if it makes the team better on the field.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    My (lack of) pants has been talked about a bunch in the last 24 hours
    I'm very happy to have not seen that.
    sorry we're boring

21. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?