Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I heart radio-Local Cincy Stations

I heart radio-Local Cincy Stations

I primarily listen to local radio via my I heart radio app on my cell phone. Three weeks ago I listened to the Bengals/Falcons game on 1530 on my cell but since then all I get on 1530 is endless ESPN promo loops. I seemingly can never find local anything on 1530. Is it all strictly the national crap now??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I heart radio-Local Cincy Stations

3-6 is local (I don't know about ihear radio, just over the air) w/ either Lance McCallister who does sports talk on 700wlw when the Reds are off (or playing a later game) or Mo Egger, who does some national work for ESPN as well.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    3-6 is local (I don't know about ihear radio, just over the air) w/ either Lance McCallister who does sports talk on 700wlw when the Reds are off (or playing a later game) or Mo Egger, who does some national work for ESPN as well.
    And it has been this way for years. I don't even remember the last time 1530 was anything but syndication outside of the 3-6pm time slot, at least for daily programming.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And it has been this way for years. I don't even remember the last time 1530 was anything but syndication outside of the 3-6pm time slot, at least for daily programming.
    I think it was around 2008 when they axed the 2 angry guys morning show. Might have been around 2005 when they cancelled Wildman's show.

2 years ago, maybe last year (don't know about this season) they've had Chick Ludwig (former DDN beatwriter for the Bengals, plus auther of a Bengals book or two) did a 1 hour call in show on the Monday morning following a bengals game. Chick is now working for 980 up in Dayton in the afternoon, but I believe he still fills in on 700/1530 from time to time

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I think it was around 2008 when they axed the 2 angry guys morning show. Might have been around 2005 when they cancelled Wildman's show.

2 years ago, maybe last year (don't know about this season) they've had Chick Ludwig (former DDN beatwriter for the Bengals, plus auther of a Bengals book or two) did a 1 hour call in show on the Monday morning following a bengals game. Chick is now working for 980 up in Dayton in the afternoon, but I believe he still fills in on 700/1530 from time to time
    Chick does fill in some times (on 1530.... I don't turn 700 on unless I am driving and there is either a sporting event on or it is storming). Those are days that I immediately change the station. Nothing against Chick, but when he fills in, no matter what time of the year it is, he does Bengals talk almost exclusively.

Bengals line will be on 1530 6-9pm next Monday when the Reds are on
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?