Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hypnosis for Smoking Cessation

Hypnosis for Smoking Cessation

Anyone try it? I've heard good things. But it's also a bit pricey. Then again, so's smoking.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hypnosis for Smoking Cessation

Back when I quite smoking 2 or 3 times a year I used hypnosis and it worked for me.

Of course other methods worked as well. FWIW, I believe gum is the easiest way to go.

....I quit smoking 10-12 times. Towards the end quiting was easy. It was not starting again that was hard for me. I would quit and mentally prove to myself I could do it and then 3-4 months later would just smoke one and....start again.

I don't recommend that. It's just what I did.

Good Luck. It's been 20 years and probably 2-3 times a year I still think about having one.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

I can get you to stop smoking and I won't charge you anything.

It says, right on the package, that smoking will kill you.

If that doesn't work, you're not ready to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Back when I quite smoking 2 or 3 times a year I used hypnosis and it worked for me.
    Thanks. If I go two months I'll break even.

Of course other methods worked as well. FWIW, I believe gum is the easiest way to go.
    I'm not big on nicotine replacement. I think the physical addiction is the easiest part -- your over that part in about a week.

I quit 25 years ago, just smoked Camel shorts instead of my usual, the foulness from that weaned me off them. Haven't had one in years, don't even think about it anymore.

Good luck

I used the e go smokeless cig and it worked better than i thought it would.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoCalRed View Post
    Same. Works wonders.

I smoked cigarettes for 40 years before switching to small cigars. I did that for about six months and then quit completely. It was much easier for me to quit cigars than cigarettes.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I used the blu eCig to quit 14 months ago. Really loved how you could stagger down the nicotine level. Best $35 investment I ever made. Granted that's just the initial investment, but the cartridges are about $13 for 5, so it's still a steal while weaning yourself down.
    Last edited by Brutus_the_Red; 08-31-2013 at 04:12 AM.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

You could move out to the burbs, that way your local bodega owner can't give you a pack when you forgot your wallet.

Ignore if I'm thinking of a different poster.....actually ignore either way, cause I'm just trying to be funny.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

This thread made me light up.

Turn Off Ads?