Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Walt Jocketty grade before and after April 1, 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Walt Jocketty grade before and after April 1, 2013

Before April 1 2013 Walt gets a solid A from me. He put this team in position to win the Central and built a decent playoff roster with a weak but acceptable bench.

After April 1 2013 here's what he's done:

Cincinnati Reds signed free agent RHP Mike MacDougal.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent 3B Marquez Smith.
    Arizona Diamondbacks traded 3B Mark Teahen to Cincinnati Reds.
    Cincinnati Reds traded 3B Mark Teahen to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent RF Joe Mather.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent LF Luis Durango.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent RHP Trevor Bell.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent OF Sebastian Elizalde.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent RHP Shane Dyer.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent OF Corey Wimberly.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent LHP Zach Duke.
    Cincinnati Reds signed most of the June Draft picks, had a good draft by most accounts
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent RHP Kanekoa Texeira.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent 3B Mike Costanzo
    Colorado Rockies traded RHP Parker Frazier to Cincinnati Reds for RHP Armando Galarraga.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent LHP Fabian Williamson.
    Cincinnati Reds signed free agent LHP Zach Duke. (again)
    He managed the injuries to Ludwick, Marshall, Broxton, Hanigan and Cueto with call up such as Corky Miller, Derrick Robinson, Donald Lutz, Neftali Soto, Henry Rodriguez, Greg Reynolds, Curtis Partch, Justin Freeman, and Nick Christiani

So i suppose he did the bare minimum of keeping AAAA players on the minor league rosters and keeping the MLB team at 25 guys with some AAA filler and a couple prospects; but otherwise hasn't "Helped" the team one bit in my opinion. I'd give him a D for the season. A quick Google News search for "Walt Jocketty" produced 200 news stories; do the same for another random GM "Alex Anthopolus" and you get over 2000 news articles. Walt's recent history is just simply quiet.

He's got a day and a half to change that 'D'. Will he do it?
    Last edited by powersackers; 08-30-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?