Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton Called Up

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Hamilton Called Up

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I don't want to speak for powersackers, but I hope Billy gets to pinch run a lot. That would account for more stolen base opportunities.
    Also if he stole every time he was on and stole third a handful of times too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because Hamilton is not remotely close to being a viable shortstop option at the Major League level right now. His defensive issues would lead to the pitching taking a large step backwards.
    How's he doing in center?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    From what I've seen, and from what I've heard he's progressed rapidly. Occasionally takes a bad route or jump but his speed overcomes that, makes some great plays, and has the arm. Should be a plus defender.

Honestly, last season's hype sucked me in with the 150+ SBs and decent OPS, but the reality of 2013 makes me less excited about the arrival of this top prospect than any in a long time. He could probably be a useful PR, but the value of those steals is pretty minimal IMO. I'd rather have a guy who could hit a HR or two.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Very, very good. He can flat out go get the ball. Haven't really seen a true mistake since April.

7. Likes:

Crumbley (09-01-2013),Old school 1983 (09-02-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-02-2013),powersackers (09-02-2013),RedlegJake (09-01-2013),reds44 (09-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Honestly, last season's hype sucked me in with the 150+ SBs and decent OPS, but the reality of 2013 makes me less excited about the arrival of this top prospect than any in a long time. He could probably be a useful PR, but the value of those steals is pretty minimal IMO. I'd rather have a guy who could hit a HR or two.
    This.

He hit .256 with a .308 OBP in AAA.

If the Reds are even somewhat considering going into next year with an offense consisting of Frazier, Cozart, Hamilton and the pitcher as part of their everyday 9 then they are crazy.

You think the offense was frustrating this year? If that is the plan I have very little hope for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    This.

If the Reds are even somewhat considering going into next year with an offense consisting of Frazier, Cozart, Hamilton and the pitcher as part of their everyday 9 then they are crazy.

You think the offense was frustrating this year? If that is the plan I have very little hope for next year.
    He's batting .286 with .330+ OBP the second half of the season. He may not be ready, but he's close.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

10. Likes:

REDREAD (09-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    This.

This is the reality the Reds will live in the next 5-10yrs being a "small market" team. When you fork over $35mil to your other 3 position players you have to have home grown guys step up at the other spots.

When they committed to Votto and BP they were banking on guys like Frazier, Hamilton and Mez being at least average MLB players.

They won't find many teams willing to give up Choo and money again.

12. Likes:

lollipopcurve (09-02-2013),REDREAD (09-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because Hamilton is not remotely close to being a viable shortstop option at the Major League level right now. His defensive issues would lead to the pitching taking a large step backwards.
    To dig up another old classic....

Move Hamilton to 2b and move Phillips to where he should be... SHORTSTOP!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-01-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    To dig up another old classic....

Move Hamilton to 2b and move Phillips to where he should be... SHORTSTOP!
    Votto to left, Mesoraco to third, Hanigan catches 5 days a week, Corky gets 2 days, Frazier to first, Bruce to center and Heisey gets right. Mike Leake is the backup shortstop.

Lock it up. Championship.

16. Likes:

757690 (09-01-2013),powersackers (09-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I agree. I would hope he's not on the postseason roster. He'd only be used in the "Brian Roberts" role, as a pinch runner in late innings.

I don't want a 22 rookie, no matter how fast, trying to steal a base in a high leverage situation of a playoff game, when everyone in the stadium knows he's running. Whatever the outcome, it would have a huge effect on Hamilton mentally. I'd rather he simply get some experience of being a big leaguer, and use that continue his development in AAA next season.
    You obviously mean Robin....not Brian. Obviously.

18. Likes:

blumj (09-02-2013)

Didn't see it posted, but Villareal DFAd to make room on the 40 man. Kyle Lotzkar must have pictures of somebody.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

757690 (09-02-2013)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6863/

Reds sent RHP Pedro Villarreal outright to Triple-A Louisville.Villarreal was first designated for assignment and then outrighted to the minors after clearing waivers. The 25-year-old right-hander registered a 4.43 ERA and 1.30 WHIP in 109 2/3 innings this summer in the minors. Sep 2 - 1:15 PM

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-his-role-Reds

Good write-up about Hamilton. I couldn't agree more with this quote from Dusty:

"He's not the focal point here, the focal point is for us to win and win the division and hopefully win the World Series. We hope he can help us in some small or large way to do that."

what number is billy ?

Turn Off Ads?