Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hamilton Called Up

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hamilton Called Up

Posted this on a Cards board and thought I'd share with Reds fans:

I had the privledge of seeing Hamilton last June in the Carolina-California All-star game. He led off and bunted to get on first. I thought that it was a cheesy way to start an all-star game, him bunting and the manager coaching third while clapping and laughing about him being on base.

Four pitches later (yes I did say 4 pitches ) Hamilton was standing on third base high fiving the manager! I thought "Who is this kid?" so the next time he came up to bat I was more attentive to his stats & was educated. I wondered why he was in high A ball with a .300BA & something like 60+ stolen bases in June. His 3rd at-bat told the tale - he was playing SS and had 20+ errors in 2 months. CIN moved him to AA after that game and put him in the OF and worked with him. It seems he can make it to the show soon but he can't play infield worth a hoot IMO.

Earlier in this thread it was asked if he should be put back in the infield, I would say "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" but that is just my opinion (maybe only against the Cards )

2. Likes:

757690 (09-03-2013),Crumbley (09-03-2013),REDREAD (09-03-2013)

Turn Off Ads?