Concentrating on the positive thoughts in an admittedly frustrating (yet still productive) season:
* The Reds have really had only one hot streak all season. I still feel like this club has a torrid stretch in them. September would be perfect time to see it manifest itself.
* Cueto and Marshall could be on their way to helping toward the end of the month
* Billy Hamilton will be a difference maker off the bench
* Ryan Ludwick has been amazingly sharp swinging the bat since returning from surgery. His numbers only recently have begun to show it, but he's looked good at the plate since the day he got back.
* Shin-Soo Choo is hitting like a man possessed
* Joey Votto's power has showed signs of being back after being MIA for big parts of the season
* Chris Heisey's OPS, quietly, is back up to .741 after an abysmal start to the season.
* The Cuban missile is now well rested
* Mat Latos has put his bulldog pants on here recently
There are things to be optimistic about, even for as frustrating as the season has been. I dub September the month of the Redlegs.