Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homer had better stuff than no hitter game.

Homer had better stuff than no hitter game.

Homer Bailey was dealing last night and making some darn good hitters look foolish. That was about as exciting a 1-0 game as I've seen in a long time. Thom and Chris did a great job as well. There's nothing like October baseball in September.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-04-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer had better stuff than no hitter game.

I agree. He looked awfully good. It was a great game. Very post season like.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I really think if the Reds can get themselves into a position where they can win the division and not have to play a one game playoff, this team has the horses to win a few postseason games.

Homer and Latos have been outstanding. And if Cingrani can come back healthy, look out.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

I wonder what Homer thinks now of GABP being a "Little League Park"? A no-hitter and a shutout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

What a performance....and let's be real, the Cards line-up is stout.

Bailey's got him some Bulldog pants! I had this thought last night about how he and Latos could shut down a three game series if they keep this stuff up.

I'm excited, the Reds are really in a position to make a run to win the division and these last two games they have shown some stuff, beating up on top notch pitching, then finding a way to win a squeaker. They can be streaky, so I'm always a little worried (what baseball fan isn't?), but I like what I'm seeing in this series, for sure.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

For my money, the best game of his career is still the playoff game against SF last season.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

10. Likes:

757690 (09-04-2013),HeatherC1212 (09-04-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-04-2013),RedEye (09-04-2013),SunDeck (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Homer Bailey was dealing last night and making some darn good hitters look foolish. That was about as exciting a 1-0 game as I've seen in a long time. Thom and Chris did a great job as well. There's nothing like October baseball in September.
    Yep, that was the most enjoyable game I've attended in the last five years. Perfect weather, scout seats and watching Homer own the Cardinals. Every time I'd start to worry as he went through 1-6 in the lineup but they couldn't touch him. I saw Chapman hit 103 a couple times -- pretty interesting seeing that 90 mph slider/changeup pitch and watching the Cards just absolutely guessing as they tried to hit Chapman. Watching Bailey and Chapman hand Holliday his golden sombraro was great!

It was cool to see Billy Hamilton's first steal and run scored too. There was so much excitement about it that it kind of made me flashback to when I was watching Billy Bates score in Game 2.

Only thing that was disappointing was the crowd -- announced attendance of 20k for the Cardinals in a pennant race with perfect weather the day after a holiday weekend? I can't remember the last time I saw so few people in GABP. I know it's a school night for many (one of my daughters was with me -- one more advantage of homeschooling), but still playing the Cardinals in relevant games in September with perfect weather. Should have been a sellout.

It couldn't have been a better night for a game. Great game!

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-04-2013),Larkin Fan (09-04-2013)

Kershaw vs Bailey this Sunday Night folks.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-04-2013),Cursh14 (09-04-2013),dougdirt (09-04-2013),HeatherC1212 (09-04-2013),OGB (09-04-2013),Redlegs (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    For my money, the best game of his career is still the playoff game against SF last season.
    You could make an argument due to the importance of that game. However, when you look at the lineups, last night was the best outing of his career, in my opinion. He had all his pitches working against a tough, tough lineup with no room for error.

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    Yep, that was the most enjoyable game I've attended in the last five years. Perfect weather, scout seats and watching Homer own the Cardinals. Every time I'd start to worry as he went through 1-6 in the lineup but they couldn't touch him. I saw Chapman hit 103 a couple times -- pretty interesting seeing that 90 mph slider/changeup pitch and watching the Cards just absolutely guessing as they tried to hit Chapman. Watching Bailey and Chapman hand Holliday his golden sombraro was great!

It was cool to see Billy Hamilton's first steal and run scored too. There was so much excitement about it that it kind of made me flashback to when I was watching Billy Bates score in Game 2.

Only thing that was disappointing was the crowd -- announced attendance of 20k for the Cardinals in a pennant race with perfect weather the day after a holiday weekend? I can't remember the last time I saw so few people in GABP. I know it's a school night for many (one of my daughters was with me -- one more advantage of homeschooling), but still playing the Cardinals in relevant games in September with perfect weather. Should have been a sellout.
    It couldn't have been a better night for a game. Great game!
    Agreed 100%. We have one of the best owners in professional sports. He's doing everything he can to make it affordable for the fans. Need people to show up.

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-04-2013)

It's tough when parents have to get their kids up for school the next morning. Last night was 2:42 long, but a lot of games are lasting until after 10pm, which would keep me from taking my family to the game. And that's a very important part of the market the Reds are trying to attract, mom/dad plus two kids. Secondly, it was the day after the holiday weekend; many people just did their last Summer camping trip or family cookout; the kids are spent, the wallets are empty.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    It's tough when parents have to get their kids up for school the next morning. Last night was 2:42 long, but a lot of games are lasting until after 10pm, which would keep me from taking my family to the game. And that's a very important part of the market the Reds are trying to attract, mom/dad plus two kids. Secondly, it was the day after the holiday weekend; many people just did their last Summer camping trip or family cookout; the kids are spent, the wallets are empty.
    This excuse always rang hollow with me. I went to weeknight games growing up and still survived.

Going to bed late once or twice a month as a kid won't kill you.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

20. Likes:

Edskin (09-04-2013)

Worth The Wait

Less than 50% capacity for a Sept game in a pennant race vs the Cards is pathetic. No other way to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Less than 50% capacity for a Sept game in a pennant race vs the Cards is pathetic. No other way to say it.
    People admonishing others for not attending some type of entertainment event is about as lame as it gets for me. Especially when said people weren't there. No other way to say it.

23. Likes:

Cursh14 (09-04-2013)

Turn Off Ads?