Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What's the latest on the injured pitchers?

What's the latest on the injured pitchers?

Cueto and Marshall....sorry for my ignorance, but I haven't seen anything lately.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What's the latest on the injured pitchers?

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...llpen-session/

Marshall
    Left-hander Sean Marshall got through a 25-pitch bullpen session without any trouble.

“It was very encouraging,” Marshall said. “I had really good command.”

Marshall has been on the disabled list with shoulder tendonitis since May 24. He was very close to going on a minor league rehab assignment before having a setback just before the All-Star Break. Sunday was the first time he thrown off the mound since.

“It had been a while,” he said. “But it felt like is never left. I threw a lot of strikes.”

Marshall will take tomorrow off, then throw another bullpen Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how he feels.
    Cueto
    Right-hander Johnny Cueto hopes to throw a bullpen on Tuesday as well. He’ll be examined in Cincinnati by Dr. Tim Kremchek tomorrow. He hopes to be cleared for the bullpen. He thinks he will.

“I feel great,” he said. “No pain.”
    Corky Miller and his fearsome sub-50 MPH knuckle ball of doom have been reactivated from the DL.
    Last edited by klw; 09-03-2013 at 12:29 PM.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-04-2013),OC_Red (09-03-2013)

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Marshall pitched a bullpen in Colorado and it "went well"...he is scheduled to throw another in cinci this week.

Wow, thanks klw! (edited)

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...llpen-session/

Cueto had a solid bullpen, and altered his mechanics slightly.

Trainer Paul Lessard said Cueto's 40-pitch was "tremendous." Will throw another saturday. #reds @Cincienquirer

https://twitter.com/johnfayman

8. Likes:

dougdirt (09-05-2013),mdccclxix (09-05-2013)

https://twitter.com/m_sheldon
    Mark Sheldon ‏@m_sheldon 24m
    Sean Marshall is on the mound throwing a simulated game aka live BP right now. #reds
    https://twitter.com/johnfayman
    Corky Miller on Marshall's session v live hitters: "He's close -- if not there" #reds @Cincienquirer

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-10-2013)

So maybe we'll have both of these guys back by this time next week?
    Go BLUE!!!

Any word on Cingrani?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Any word on Cingrani?
    Yea that is my question. I read somewhere last night it was back spasms which I was thinking that was something that usually doesn't require a pitcher to miss a start... I'm not sure thought which is why I am asking.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_cin&c_id=cin

CINCINNATI -- The Reds were still trying to determine their course of action with lefty starter Tony Cingrani, who was forced to exit his Tuesday start against the Cubs after 1 2/3 innings because of back spasms. It was a similar injury to the lower back strain that caused him to miss two starts at the end of last month.

"We're trying to decide whether he goes on the road with us initially or if he stays back here for therapy and to see the chiropractor and all that stuff," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "I like the guys to come with us down the stretch as soon as they can so they can feel the intensity of the pennant race. It's different than anything they have ever experienced, even if they went to the College World Series or here and there."

As for the rotation, the Reds have Cingrani's next turn on Tuesday in Houston listed as TBA. The club has the next three Thursdays off before the end of the regular season, which means the order of assignments could be juggled and Cingrani can be skipped. Cincinnati has six of its final nine games against Pittsburgh.

"We haven't decided," Baker said. "You have to decide which guys pitch better with extra days. Some guys pitch worse. We'll let you know. I know you want to know all of this in advance, but we can't give it to you. It's subject to change, because it depends on where we are in the standings and a lot of stuff. That's what you can do with the off-days. You can change stuff around."

Great response by Dusty there. Thank you for the straightforward information, sir.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Great response by Dusty there. Thank you for the straightforward information, sir.
    I think he is being honest there, but I do think there is some snarkiness in there. Without hearing the actual soundbite!!!

Cingrani update:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...playoff-roster
    CINGRANI TO AZ: Left-hander Tony Cingrani was sent to the Reds’ facility in Goodyear, Ariz., to get work in to be ready to pitch out of the bullpen for possibly the National League Division Series or National League Championship Series.

“He’s going to pitch out there a couple of days, he just hadn’t pitched in so long, we didn’t want to put him in a game of this caliber of importance without having pitched much,” Jocketty said. “He’ll be out there probably until this weekend.”

Cingrani left his Sept. 10 start with tightness in his lower back, the same injury that put him on the disabled list in late August.

“Maybe the DS, but definitely the LCS,” Jocketty said regarding his status.

We really are running out of guys who are even eligible to bring, right? We might end up with almost the whole rotation just because that's who is eligible.

Turn Off Ads?