Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals at Reds 9/3/2013

Re: Cardinals at Reds 9/3/2013

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Byrd. They improved their club and we didn't.
    I will take Ludwick for the rest of the season over Byrd.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (09-04-2013),Tom Servo (09-04-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Agreed on all accounts.

That said, we've had this conversation four consecutive years. Monday and Tuesday games, especially when school is back in session, simply don't draw well. Cincinnati is the second smallest market in baseball and a lot of its dedicated base comes from outside the city. People just aren't able to make trips up Monday-Wednesday.
    Have to build up the season ticket base. Oak drew 16 AZ drew 17, ATL drew 21, Philly 28, Yankees 33k last night. Sept weekdays are tough for MLB with school and the mindset shift to football. Reds in a division race, but still 4 behind in the loss column and not exactly have been playing confidence inspiring ball until the last two nights to create fan excitement and buzz.

Cleveland = 9962. Ouch. They have some real long term viability issues up there now.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I'm having fun reading Derrick Goold's tweets. Goold is the Cardinals beat writer for the St Louis Dispatch. Dude is harping on the low attendance at tonight's game. Over and over.

Yeah, the Reds won, but look at that low attendance! Losers!
    There were a lot of empty seats in Busch last week also. Not sure what the announced attendance was, but it was noticably poorly attended.

I like wine. Sour grapes, not so much.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

From the Cards game thread.. I love this one

That's why its not the pitching. Yes Bailey is throw some good pitches but he is throwing a hell of a lot of bad ones and our batters are swinging at everything.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-04-2013)

The irony is that the Reds winning here is maybe just setting up a WC matchup with STL.

I know some prefer that but many don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Agreed on all accounts.

That said, we've had this conversation four consecutive years. Monday and Tuesday games, especially when school is back in session, simply don't draw well. Cincinnati is the second smallest market in baseball and a lot of its dedicated base comes from outside the city. People just aren't able to make trips up Monday-Wednesday.
    And I certainly get it. We homeschooled all these years, have 4 of my younguns entering the local school system, we're getting up at 6-6:30 every day, and we don't even have bus riders. Ain't no way we're doing a Reds game with a 2-1/2 hour drive on a school night.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    And I certainly get it. We homeschooled all these years, have 4 of my younguns entering the local school system, we're getting up at 6-6:30 every day, and we don't even have bus riders. Ain't no way we're doing a Reds game with a 2-1/2 hour drive on a school night.
    My son will be tired Friday at school as I'm about 2 hours away and we are going Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The irony is that the Reds winning here is maybe just setting up a WC matchup with STL.

Screw it. Just win, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

Still lots of games left with the Pirates. Just keep trying to win every game and let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I understand anyone who has to drive hours, but Hamilton County has a population of 800K, Claremont 200K, Warren 212K and then Northern KY has over 300K, add in a pennant race and I'm shaking my head at 20 K on Tuesday no matter what the excuse is.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-04-2013),TSJ55 (09-04-2013)

Just seems that baseball fans are hard to come by these days. Maybe everyone was at their fantasy football drafts or something?
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I understand anyone who has to drive hours, but Hamilton County has a population of 800K, Claremont 200K, Warren 212K and then Northern KY has over 300K, add in a pennant race and I'm shaking my head at 20 K on Tuesday no matter what the excuse is.
    Ubiquity of television. What's the point of spending money, especially on a Tuesday night, when nearly anyone who wants can watch in full high-definition? Television is baseball's golden goose--we shouldn't act surprised when consumer choices reflect that reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Ubiquity of television. What's the point of spending money, especially on a Tuesday night, when nearly anyone who wants can watch in full high-definition? Television is baseball's golden goose--we shouldn't act surprised when consumer choices reflect that reality.
    Temps in the upper 70's, playoff run, great lineups, pitching.

Or stay in home and sit on the couch.

What's the point?

Evidently that must be the Reds fan motto.

They call me "chef"

All of us in this thread went to the game.

There is no excuse.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

TSJ55 (09-04-2013)

Turn Off Ads?