Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals at Reds 9/3/2013

Re: Cardinals at Reds 9/3/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    Saw Emerson, Lake & Palmer when they were the 1st act in a tour with Humble Pie that had Johnny Winter with Rick Derringer as the headliner -- still have no idea how I got there -- oh the stories --- Traffic & Jethro Tull are highlights -- still listen to Aqualung often
    Saw Rick Derringer at Ringo's 70th Birthday party at Radio City last year. Rick did an absolutely sensational Hang On Sloopy. Said it was Number 1 on billboard for a week, then got knocked off by "Yesterday". Said his parents still had the newspaper clippings to prove it. (Edgar winter was there too.).

The encore was Sir paul. Only time him and Ringo had been on stage together since the Beatles last appearance. They played "birthday" of course.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-04-2013), Roy Tucker (09-03-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Saw Rick Derringer at Ringo's 70th Birthday party at Radio City last year. Rick did an absolutely sensational Hang On Sloopy. Said it was Number 1 on billboard for a week, then got knocked off by "Yesterday". Said his parents still had the newspaper clippings to prove it. (Edgar winter was there too.).

The encore was Sir paul. Only time him and Ringo had been on stage together since the Beatles last appearance. They played "birthday" of course.
    Derringer -- so under rated
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Yup. I got a lot of those stories too. Keith Emerson bashed me with a keyboard at the Convo at OU. Sat in the 2nd row.

Saw Rick Derringer when he was with an Indiana band called Rick and the Raiders.he was Rick Zehringer then. They played on the flatbed of a truck in a grocery store parking lot in a battle of the bands in Centerville.
    Saw Krisofferson before anyone knew him at my girlfriend's college homecoming. Went on stage with Kenny Rogers once. Surprised I didn't get arrested. Lots of stories too, but I'm not sure the statue of limitations laws
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

6. Likes:

Roy Tucker (09-03-2013)

you win

Did have Jerry Garcia in our store -- but I wasn't there!
    Nah, its a tie. I just kept my ticket stubs so I remembered where I went.

You should talk to woy, he was a deadhead. He has a lot of Jerry stories.

Pay attention to the open sky

I saw Jimi!! Original Experience. Small club in Madison Wisconsin. maybe 200 people.

you win

Did have Jerry Garcia in our store -- but I wasn't there!
    Met the band in 92 at a shoot, Jerry told me "Weird was better than good"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    "Weird was better than good"
    There's something to be said for that point of view.

11. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Love the way Homer pitched tonight as well as his desire to stay in the game. Nice to hear him in the post game say as much as he wanted to stay in it was the right move and that he could've handled it better.
    I appreciate Homer's passion. However, doing that basically telegraphs to the Cardinals' dugout that he's coming out.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Awesome game tonight. Homer, Parra, Chapman, Billy Hamilton's debut, Toddfather's clutch double.....I thought I was going to have a coronary at some points (not a fan of being in the ballpark when there's a pitcher's duel, LOL) but it was so much fun to be downtown tonight. Go Reds!!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

14. Likes:

Chip R (09-03-2013), KittyDuran (09-04-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I appreciate Homer's passion. However, doing that basically telegraphs to the Cardinals' dugout that he's coming out.
    Dusty said in the post-game that he tried to deke out the Cards by lettin Homer go to the on deck circle. But the Cards saw right through that wily ploy.

That crafty Dusty.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I'm having fun reading Derrick Goold's tweets. Goold is the Cardinals beat writer for the St Louis Dispatch. Dude is harping on the low attendance at tonight's game. Over and over.

Yeah, the Reds won, but look at that low attendance! Losers!
    This guy is a massive tool. I've seen him tweet about Cincy's attendance for at least a couple of years. It makes me mad that he is gainfully employed.

20 k is weak, real weak. but no one needs to he told that by a Cards beat writer

18. Likes:

Chip R (09-04-2013), HeatherC1212 (09-04-2013), LexRedsFan (09-04-2013), MillerTime58 (09-04-2013), OnBaseMachine (09-04-2013), Tom Servo (09-04-2013), VottoFan54 (09-04-2013)

That was one fun game.

Everything that made up that game on Tuesday is why I love baseball so much.

There were stories upon stories upon stories out there.

20. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    20 k is weak, real weak. but no one needs to he told that by a Cards beat writer
    Agreed on all accounts.

That said, we've had this conversation four consecutive years. Monday and Tuesday games, especially when school is back in session, simply don't draw well. Cincinnati is the second smallest market in baseball and a lot of its dedicated base comes from outside the city. People just aren't able to make trips up Monday-Wednesday.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

22. Likes:

REDREAD (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Byrd. They improved their club and we didn't.
    And yet we won last night.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?