Thread: Dunn done?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Dunn done?

'If I end up with 499 (homers) and I’m not having fun, see ya.'

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/a...ing-fun-090313

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Dunn done?

2011, again? He said the same thing then.
    Choo got it, dude.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    2011, again? He said the same thing then.
    And Mrs. Dunn might have something to say about forfeiting that $15 mill he is due next season lol.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    And Mrs. Dunn might have something to say about forfeiting that $15 mill he is due next season lol.
    That would buy one heck of a recliner.
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 09-04-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    'If I end up with 499 (homers) and I’m not having fun, see ya.'

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/a...ing-fun-090313
    I am not having fun at work either. I don't really want to hear about a baseball player complaining about not having enough fun and getting 15 million.

7. Likes:

GADawg (09-05-2013), HeatherC1212 (09-04-2013), jmac (09-04-2013), Number_Fourteen (09-05-2013), REDREAD (09-04-2013), redsfanmia (09-04-2013), Spider Tre (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I am not having fun at work either. I don't really want to hear about a baseball player complaining about not having enough fun and getting 15 million.

the difference is, that you don´t have as much money on the bank as dunn...
    if he has no fun at work, he can retire if he wants to and doesn´t need to think about the future (financially)...

I understand him and I think it would be a good decision.. if someone is not motivated or doesn´t want to play ball at the highest level, he shouldn´t...

9. Likes:

BoxingRed (09-05-2013), dougdirt (09-04-2013), mth123 (09-04-2013), RiverRat13 (09-04-2013), The Operator (09-04-2013)

I want to see Dunn DH in Yankee Stadium for a season. That would be cool to see.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-04-2013)

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Don't think he was complaining! He has stated before he won't play if he isn't having fun, I take him for his word. If only all of us could say that if we weren't having fun at work we would move on!!!

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I want to see Dunn DH in Yankee Stadium for a season. That would be cool to see.
    I think he would be more of a Red Sox guy, specially with that short short porch in right field. Could you imagine if he had played his whole career at Fenway...WOW!!!

14. Likes:

powersackers (09-04-2013)

Or GABP

16. Likes:

remdog (09-04-2013)

Uh, if dude is willing to give up money on the table because he isn't having fun isn't that better than just sticking around for the money?
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

18. Likes:

Always Red (09-04-2013), dougdirt (09-04-2013), Ironman92 (09-04-2013), Joseph (09-04-2013), KittyDuran (09-04-2013), Larkin Fan (09-04-2013), OGB (09-04-2013), OnBaseMachine (09-04-2013), Revering4Blue (09-04-2013), RiverRat13 (09-04-2013), Tom Servo (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    the difference is, that you don´t have as much money on the bank as dunn...
    if he has no fun at work, he can retire if he wants to and doesn´t need to think about the future (financially)...

I understand him and I think it would be a good decision.. if someone is not motivated or doesn´t want to play ball at the highest level, he shouldn´t...
    OH, I agree. However, don't talk about it during a season in which you are getting paid that kind of money, especially when you haven't made the decision.

If he comes back next year, which I expect he will, what was the point in making that statement. It just comes across as looking for sympathy or that it has been such a chore to play this year. I guess that goes with the territory of never having a job other than playing baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Uh, if dude is willing to give up money on the table because he isn't having fun isn't that better than just sticking around for the money?

Jerk!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If he was on my team and gives an honest day's work, and tries his best, it doesn't matter if he has fun or not.

I am just saying why bring it up?

This just seems to be a totally cliche.

Dunn probably wasn't having fun when he let himself go and had that horrible first year with the White Sox. (Dunn admitted he didn't prepare himself well for the season).

I guess it depends on Dunn's definition of fun.. Let's say hypothetically, Dunn was a free agent this winter, and he could only get a non-roster invite to spring training.
    I'm guessing baseball would not be fun at that point..
    As long as he's making that big contract, I'm guessing baseball is fun for him.

Think about it, Dunn chose the Nationals because they were the only team willing to give him more than a 1 year contact at the time. He's all about the money, and there's nothing wrong with that. Most of us would change jobs in a heartbeat for more money or more job secuirty. It's just kind of lame to give his "I'm only going to do this if it's fun" talk.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?