Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuff 4 Sale @ GABP

Re: Stuff 4 Sale @ GABP

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    It's only $84.99 on the website. What a bargain!

Game Used Bat Bottle Opener
    LMFAO....someone needs to leave some fake reviews.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was appalled that Skyline coneys we're $5 each at the park.

Then I drunk and bought two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I was appalled that Skyline coneys we're $5 each at the park.

Then I drunk and bought two of them.
    They're not even very good there... you have to add your own mustard and onions at the condiment stand, which doesn't really work with the cheese already on. They used to be $3.50.

That bottle opener is a joke. I love going to games, but the prices down there are getting out of hand. I bring my own food (Stop at Subway or Jimmy John's) and water in a soft cooler. At most I'll buy a couple beers and that's it.

I bought a $7.50 burger there once. It was ice cold, and the paper was still attached to the cheese. No thanks, GABP.

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    You can't be serious. 250 for a bottle opener? I have to think there was some misunderstanding somewhere.
    Someone went a little crazy with the price gun.

I used to really enjoy a Big Red Smokey with a beer, but the last time I got one it wasn't big, red, or smokey... It tasted like a grilled hot dog.

I haven't tried the Big Boys or Penn Station yet, but I'm guessing they're hugely overpriced.

I do buy my caps there, because I like to try on a fitted cap before I buy it.

Also, that bottle opener looks really cheaply made. I don't care if it's made out of Ty Cobb's finger bones, for $250 at least make it look nice, it looks like something you'd get at Family Dollar for 50 cents.

8. Likes:

TSJ55 (09-05-2013)

Playoff Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I used to really enjoy a Big Red Smokey with a beer, but the last time I got one it wasn't big, red, or smokey... It tasted like a grilled hot dog.

I haven't tried the Big Boys or Penn Station yet, but I'm guessing they're hugely overpriced.

I do buy my caps there, because I like to try on a fitted cap before I buy it.
    I bought a fitted New Era Turn back the clock (1990's) cap at Lids for $15 on sale... The caps are way pricey at the park... but if you gotta have it.

I went to the game again last night...ugh. I had to ask again to double check. It was in fact $250 for the Joey Votto and Jay Bruce openers. Both had the Louisville Slugger 'stamp' showing on the outer side of the opener and both had some special number that lets you know who's bat it was. The Ryan Ludwick Marucci bat was a bargain at $125.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I don't care if it's made out of Ty Cobb's finger bones...
    Ha!! Nice.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Turn Off Ads?