Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Tonights lineup,no Ludwick. Heisey in LF.

1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) CF
    2. Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
    3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
    4. Jay Bruce (L) RF
    5. Chris Heisey (R) LF
    6. Todd Frazier (R) 3B
    7. Zack Cozart (R) SS
    8. Ryan Hanigan (R) C
    9. Bronson Arroyo (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Would have liked to have seen Billy get the start against the right handed pitcher. I am not expecting Billy to go nuts on Miller or anything, but I don't think Heisey will do anything tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Would have liked to have seen Billy get the start against the right handed pitcher. I am not expecting Billy to go nuts on Miller or anything, but I don't think Heisey will do anything tonight.
    He may not....hopefully Luddy is just getting rest.

Heisey FWIW is easily the best LF and his last 6 starts have been very productive....something like 13/27

A little odd to rest Luddy (or get Heisey AB) against the Cards. Does Heisey have past success against this pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think you saw BHs role on this team for the remainder of this season last night.

With Arroyo facing the Cards and a lifetime 8-16 record against them, this is not a game I expect the Reds to win. Hopefully, they surprise me and wrap up at least a series win tonight!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I think our greatest concern for this game is Arroyo. The Cards have had good success against him.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I don't think billy or Choo will be playing left. So billy may get his first start against a tough lefty. We're facing two this week against the Dodgers, and I doubt Dusty wants him against Kershaw, so we may see him in against Ryu.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Did I miss an injury to Xavier Paul? I honestly don't know if I've seen/heard him play since his big game tying pinch hit HR a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime58 View Post
    Did I miss an injury to Xavier Paul? I honestly don't know if I've seen/heard him play since his big game tying pinch hit HR a couple weeks ago.
    Paul is strictly a pinch hitter now. Sometimes stays in the game, but doesn't start. I think the Reds feel that Heisey is going better and when Ludwick sits, Heisey gets the start, not X. And Heisey is a much superior fielder.

Arroyo should be fine if he keeps it in the stadium. Leake and Arroyo have allowed a bunch of homers at GABP, 13 and 12 respectively. Most home HRs allowed by a NL pitcher is 13, several guys tied including Leake.

I'm a bit surprised Reds felt they had to rest Ludwick tonight, I expected him to play all the Cards games, but I guess the Reds have decided he must get rest given the injury this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised Reds felt they had to rest Ludwick tonight, I expected him to play all the Cards games, but I guess the Reds have decided he must get rest given the injury this year.
    I remember earlier that Dusty said that he liked to play Robinson when Arroyo starts because Arroyo is more of a flyball pitcher and he thought Robinson added defense that the other LF at the time (Paul and Lutz) could not give.

Maybe this is an extension of that theory. Heisey is healthy now. Maybe Dusty figures Heisey's added defense is worthwhile when Arroyo pitches, plus it gives Ludwick a day off.

Heisey has been playing well of late also.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I remember earlier that Dusty said that he liked to play Robinson when Arroyo starts because Arroyo is more of a flyball pitcher and he thought Robinson added defense that the other LF at the time (Paul and Lutz) could not give.

Maybe this is an extension of that theory. Heisey is healthy now. Maybe Dusty figures Heisey's added defense is worthwhile when Arroyo pitches, plus it gives Ludwick a day off.

Heisey has been playing well of late also.
    Quite honestly....I cannot remember Dusty ever finding a reason to play Heisey. Typically the reason is why not to.

I would like to hear Dusty's reasoning.

I'm not disagreeing or disappointed with this decision....but am surprised.

just win.
    Is it "next season" yet?

13. Likes:

CySeymour (09-04-2013)

Molina is in the lineup tonight. With his wrist/knee problems, the Cards sure are using him often. This will be his sixth straight start, and his second straight start after being taken out of the game Monday with a sore wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Molina is in the lineup tonight. With his wrist/knee problems, the Cards sure are using him often. This will be his sixth straight start, and his second straight start after being taken out of the game Monday with a sore wrist.
    I never really believe the "sore wrist" as to him coming out. It was ridiculously hit and the Cards were ridiculously sucking....just preparing him to play the next 3 I thought.

His wrist has been an issue all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I never really believe the "sore wrist" as to him coming out. It was ridiculously hit and the Cards were ridiculously sucking....just preparing him to play the next 3 I thought.

His wrist has been an issue all year.
    Could be. Either way, he's complained about that wrist since the WBC, and his knee issue doesn't seem to be going away. That team would be in serious trouble if he were to get hurt right here near the end of the season.

Turn Off Ads?