Turn Off Ads?
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1284

Thread: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    No, he is correct.
    Choo 90% at fault, he cannot get caught off the base until he sees the bunt down period
    I agree but I didn't like hearing Dusty give him a pass in his post game interview. He should have said that "you can't get picked off in that situation". So I do blame Dusty for that

2. Turn Off Ads?

I stayed up, am really tired today with a 6 am wake up call, we never seem to win the marathons, and I told my boys, who were in bed long before it happened, that the minute Craig left the game that Matt Adams would win the game for the Cards. Why did I have to pick last night to speak prophetically? Not once, but twice. And here I am today, sleepy and bummed that one got away in seemingly Cardinals chosen by God fashion.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

4. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (09-05-2013)

^ Man, you really pummeled that strawman.

This whole argument is silly, it really doesn't matter who gets what % of blame when the Reds lost, but bringing up quotes from reds44 about Heisey from 2011 disproves his point about it not being Dusty's fault how?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

westofyou (09-05-2013)

I cannot believe people that call themselves baseball fans and Reds fans are actually asking/arguing if that was a suicide.

A suicide has the runner at 3rd leaving as soon as the pitcher's delivery begins towards home.....on a suicide Choo would've just been tagged by the catch as the ball was missed....nothing else.

How can any fan of the Reds not have ever seen Heisey glance down towards 3rd to see where he is being played. He has done it since he was first called up.

Joey Votto had the worst game and trying to debate it is silly....but let's worry about the 4th OF that Dusty shocked everyone by playing.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I stayed up, am really tired today with a 6 am wake up call, we never seem to win the marathons, and I told my boys, who were in bed long before it happened, that the minute Craig left the game that Matt Adams would win the game for the Cards. Why did I have to pick last night to speak prophetically? Not once, but twice. And here I am today, sleepy and bummed that one got away in seemingly Cardinals chosen by God fashion.
    The more I thought about Adams hitting a second extra innings home run to finally the game, I got to thinking perhaps fate was just saying it was a sealed deal (I said Matt Adams gets the game winning home run!). Still doesn't make it any less frustrating to miss yet another chance to make up ground though.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Game thread posts count:

NLDS Game 1-10/6/12 = 1,597
    NLDS Game 2-10/7/12 = 1,239
    vs Cards-9/4/13 = 1,282 (so far)
    NLDS Game 5-10/11/12 = 1,186
    vs Phillies-5/25/11 = 1,103
    vs Cards-6/9/13 = 1,080
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 09-05-2013 at 04:40 PM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    Wow! You love Heisey so much, don't you? I haven't realized that until now.
    That's why you were so mad at some fans and that's why you don't like Choo. Right?
    Whaaat? I don't think Heisey is remotely good anymore. He puts together the worst ABs on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Game thread posts count:

NLDS Game 1-10/6/12 = 1,597
    NLDS Game 2-10/7/12 = 1,239
    vs Cards-9/4/13 = 1,272 (so far)
    NLDS Game 5-10/11/12 = 1,186
    vs Phillies-5/25/11 = 1,103
    vs Cards-6/9/13 = 1,080
    So we're nearly post-season ready!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

14. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-05-2013)

I had no recollection of what the 5-25-11 game was and why it garnered so many posts, turns out it was a game much like last night's though in that one Wilson Valdez (pre-Reds) got Votto and Bruce out.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01105250.shtml
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I had no recollection of what the 5-25-11 game was and why it garnered so many posts, turns out it was a game much like last night's though in that one Wilson Valdez (pre-Reds) got Votto and Bruce out.

That game thread is all sorts of fantastic and I mean that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Reds Freak referenced it a few pages back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Tonight is definitely up there. But I think I was more angry after blowing the 9-run lead in Atlanta in 2010 and the extra-inning loss a few years ago to Wilson Valdez in Philly.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    That could be but all I could find from that link was a video of him getting one in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Reds Freak referenced it a few pages back...
    It stands to reason that any game that goes 16 innings will garner lots of posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That could be but all I could find from that link was a video of him getting one in 2010
    Chris Heisey getting bunt hits probably isn't a great highlight video for the Internet!

Turn Off Ads?