Turn Off Ads?
Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1284

Thread: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    This is why the Cards are the Cards and the Reds are the Reds. Defined tonight.
    I'm as jaded about our inability to beat STL as anyone but, still, have to recognize what they've done the past two nights. They can beat them when...well who the hell knows what stars align when they do...but, this? tonight? Inexplicable. Absolutely horrendous how this one was thrown away.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I thought game 2 in St Louis did it for me. But it was tonight. Goodnight, Irene. This team is a joke.
    Thom?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

4. Likes:

LoganBuck (09-05-2013),Tom Servo (09-05-2013)

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Now that's just stupid. The Cardinals may have won, but they looked every bit as pathetic for about those 16 innings. It's one game. A bad one, but just one.
    Nope, even the Cards announcers said it during extras--the game took on the feel of the biggest game of the year. The Cards excel in those situations and have for a number of years now.

That was a huge, huge loss for us IMO-- one that goes beyond "just one game." First of all the difference between 1.5 back and 3.5 back is significant this time of year (also factoring in Pittsburgh losing), but more importantly a win tonight could have gone a long way to easing the mindwarp the Cards have on us. I firmly believe the SF series last year has left this team with confidence issues-- and games like tonight only further those feelings of insecurity.

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

LOLs all around for every member of this offense.

This team does not want any part of winning this division.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

LOLs all around for every member of this offense.

This team does not want any part of winning this division.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Nope, even the Cards announcers said it during extras-
    >implying I care about what the St. Louis announcers say in the slighest
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

After this we get the Dodgers...then it's Cubs, Brewers and Astros.

We can still win the division folks. We're due for a hot streak where we demolish everything in our path. If that comes at the end of the month, we'll be golden.

10. Likes:

1940757690 (09-05-2013)

Nope, even the Cards announcers said it during extras--the game took on the feel of the biggest game of the year. The Cards excel in those situations and have for a number of years now.

That was a huge, huge loss for us IMO-- one that goes beyond "just one game." First of all the difference between 1.5 back and 3.5 back is significant this time of year (also factoring in Pittsburgh losing), but more importantly a win tonight could have gone a long way to easing the mindwarp the Cards have on us. I firmly believe the SF series last year has left this team with confidence issues-- and games like tonight only further those feelings of insecurity.
    They would have only been 2.5 back with a win tonight, not 1.5 back. Don't lose any ground on the Pirates tonight.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

The Cards did look pretty pathetic for most of the game but I worry there's some merit in what you're saying. They simply must win tomorrow. To end this series at a draw would be a big, big problem. Crazy important that before the dodgers (who just lost to the crew) and then starting what should be a domino run against three teams not playing for anything. There's no reason in the world why we can't or shouldn't win the division. But of course too many reasons to worry about it. Win tomorrow. That's all that matters now.
    Last edited by 1940757690; 09-05-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

The same bunting and base running mistakes over and over. Or else it's just a play per game that limits their chances vs good teams. Maybe this mythic streak they'll never go on is due to the fact they can't play two solid games in a row.

Just win tomorrow. Yeah, we could have easily won tonight, but **** happens. Take 3/4 and we'll be on our way back up the ladder.
    Just call me Legs

15. Likes:

villain612 (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    After this we get the Dodgers...then it's Cubs, Brewers and Astros.

We can still win the division folks. We're due for a hot streak where we demolish everything in our path. If that comes at the end of the month, we'll be golden.
    And we could still pretty much be in that streak. Win tomorrow, take 2/3 vs. LA and sweep the Cubs. Suddenly you're 8-2 in your last 10.

Still. Not a good look losing this game. Better win tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    He has a career .740+ OPS. Clearly he can hit somewhat.
    For power, yes. He can run into homers on occasion and it gets his SLG and OPS up.

His on base skills are quite poor, his plate approach is lacking. He has the power tool, yes, but not the hitting tool.

Aside from the one game playoff in 1999, this is the worst regular season loss by the Reds since I began watching baseball in 1995.

Keep bunting Dusty!

I can see keeping Ludwick fresh, but i suspect if he had played the whole game tonight, we probably would have won. Heisey is not a competent replacement.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 09-05-2013 at 12:14 AM.

20. Likes:

WVRedsFan (09-05-2013)

Turn Off Ads?