Turn Off Ads?
Page 80 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1284

Thread: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

"So Fla Red"

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    They would have only been 2.5 back with a win tonight, not 1.5 back. Don't lose any ground on the Pirates tonight.
    One more game off the schedule and 4 behind in the loss column to the Pirates and now three to the Cards with 22 left. Math is not kind. Big step backwards on the road to the 50/50 play-in game tonight.

Pirates tragic number = 20, Cards goes down two to 21

2. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

If we're talking about bunting the winning run with our biggest run producer, shouldn't we be talking about batting our biggest run producer 2nd? Votto and Bruce get countless opportunities and we're mad that we set the table for them. Our 3 and 4 hitters need to hit.

5. Likes:

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Not feeling good about tomorrow.

And you just know Votto gets a day off (which right now might not be a bad thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Then go root for the Cardinals and stop trolling a Reds board.
    I'm all for giving you a break because of your age, but you really need to get a grip on yourself. You're one of the worst trolls on this site. The fact that you call other posters out for it is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    After this we get the Dodgers...then it's Cubs, Brewers and Astros.

We can still win the division folks. We're due for a hot streak where we demolish everything in our path. If that comes at the end of the month, we'll be golden.
    Hot streaks of any length require some semblance of fundamental baseball. This team does too many stupid things to experience sustained success.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-05-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    And we could still pretty much be in that streak. Win tomorrow, take 2/3 vs. LA and sweep the Cubs. Suddenly you're 8-2 in your last 10.

Still. Not a good look losing this game. Better win tomorrow...
    Got any Powerball numbers for the week. Regardless of tomorrow, I'd be floored if they take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. Stunned actually.

You can ban me for this post if you want, I really don't care.

But if you honestly think Dusty called for Heisey to bunt or called for a suicide squeeze in that situation, please stop watching baseball because you are an absolute idiot.

The stupidity I've seen from Reds fans tonight absolutely boggles my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

12. Likes:

757690 (09-05-2013),Rantly (09-05-2013),Stray (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Aside from the one game playoff in 1999, this is the worst regular season loss by the Reds since I began watching baseball in 1995.

Keep bunting Dusty!
    Tonight is definitely up there. But I think I was more angry after blowing the 9-run lead in Atlanta in 2010 and the extra-inning loss a few years ago to Wilson Valdez in Philly.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

14. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-05-2013)

Wow, just got home from a John Mayer concert - Votto really went 0-7 and cardinals pitching went after him to then intentionally walk Bruce? That's depressing.

Baker's MO is to start struggling guys to show them he has faith in them. I wouldn't bet on a day off

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Not feeling good about tomorrow.

And you just know Votto gets a day off (which right now might not be a bad thing).
    He needs a day off. He's hitting .136 in his last ten games, and his defense has been embarrassing. My favorite Red is in a serious slump.

Can anyone explain to me the suicide squeeze? I understand this team's futility offensively and how they ought to try anything but in what world does it make sense to SUICIDE squeeze with two out? The only way such a play works is if the bunt is good for a base hit. And if it's a good enough bunt for a base hit then it's extremely likely that the runner on third can score without leaving the base early. That makes no sense whatsoever to me and I hope they ask Dusty some pointed questions about this

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'll buy the beer and the hot dogs for the party. And they can send Izturis and Hannahan with him. What a waste of space on this team
    $1 hotdogs tomorrow at the yard, the beer will cost a lien on your house though.

I'm sure they'll be a line back to Fountain Square itching for tickets after this confidence inspiring performance.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I'm all for giving you a break because of your age, but you really need to get a grip on yourself. You're one of the worst trolls on this site. The fact that you call other posters out for it is laughable.
    Well I have been here for 7 and a half years and moderated on Redszone for about half of them and I can tell you that you are the first poster to make that claim. You're entitled to your opinion but I feel as though the majority posters here appreciate my contributions here and are amongst the best the Reds and baseball have to offer.

P.S. I don't need any breaks because of my age. The other week when I offered that information I was doing so in an attempt to bury this hatchet you have against me, but obviously it didn't help. Perhaps a mutual 'ignoring' is in order for us.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    You can ban me for this post if you want, I really don't care.

But if you honestly think Dusty called for Heisey to bunt or called for a suicide squeeze in that situation, please stop watching baseball because you are an absolute idiot.

The stupidity I've seen from Reds fans tonight absolutely boggles my mind.
    If Dusty didn't call for it then who told Choo to run on the pitch?

Turn Off Ads?