Turn Off Ads?
Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1284

Thread: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post

Dusty just said that Heisey bunted on his own. You can bet he was hacked about that--just shows this sham of a preferred left fielder has no baseball intellect, but what you wanna bet that he'll still play a lot because...heck, I don't know why.
    When folks were arguing earlier in the year about whether Heisey could replace Ludwick, I tried to point out that you were replacing the smartest player on the team (next to Bronson of course) with a guy who just doesn't have good baseball instincts. Folks didn't want to hear that because it didn't show up in the peripherals.

2. Likes:

WVRedsFan (09-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well I have been here for 7 and a half years and moderated on Redszone for about half of them and I can tell you that you are the first poster to make that claim. You're entitled to your opinion but I feel as though the majority posters here appreciate my contributions here and are amongst the best the Reds and baseball have to offer.

P.S. I don't need any breaks because of my age. The other week when I offered that information I was doing so in an attempt to bury this hatchet you have against me, but obviously it didn't help. Perhaps a mutual 'ignoring' is in order for us.
    When you talk actual baseball, I like you, buddy. In that sense, I even compared you recently to my son. That's the best compliment I can give someone your age. But when you play thread cop or play the class clown routine like Raisor, it's trolling.

I've been on sports message boards since you were 5 years old, but not once have I been on a site that allowed the stuff that's considered normal here. There's a country club atmosphere ... ORG vs SD ... and it sucks. It ruins this site. And btw, I was a RZ member, under a different name, before you were.

5. Likes:

Chuckie (09-05-2013),Sea Ray (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Yikes. I don't know if that was a called play or not. Probably not. But would I absolutely put it past Dusty Baker to lose track of an out? No. And for this doubt I am "absolute idiot?"

Just checking.
    I vote no because I love your avatar.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    I hope you are proven correct. Will be a good test for Latos and Bailey as well. The LA series was one of the Reds best played of the season although the 1-3 record summed up the frustrating 14-13 July with a sub 3 staff ERA.
    We're on the same page then, really. I don't think it will happen but it's do-able. Win Latos' start and either steal one from Kershaw against Homer or beat Capuano behind Leake.

Welp a Dusty thread has been bumped accusing him of calling a suicide squeeze.

C'mon guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It wasn't a suicide squeeze. Next question.
    OK, then why was he caught off 3rd? If you are correct then Choo is the idiot here.

10. Likes:

texasdave (09-05-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    you obviously did not get the Redszone memo that a loss means the season is over. Why people are freaking out over one game is beyond weird.
    Freaking out. Nah they are going to the playoffs at worst a 2nd WC. It's called a late night game thread. Most of the angst is over the incredibly poor fundamentals displayed by some of the best players. Which inexplicably seems to be increasing down the stretch.

The division odds got longer tonight with only 22 games left and while not impossible the unlikely task just became significantly more difficult after tonight.

OTOH, Bailey and Latos have been turning it up. The team needs to find a way to get into a multigame playoff series and things could get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, then why was he caught off 3rd? If you are correct then Choo is the idiot here.
    I am correct that it was not a suicide squeeze. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

winner
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    you obviously did not get the Redszone memo that a loss means the season is over. Why people are freaking out over one game is beyond weird.
    Question. Who is freaking out?

I think it's weird that people come on this board after one of the toughest losses of the season and poo-poo it and over-exaggerate the obviously somber mood.

Dusty is not off the hook here, I am just trying to defend him here against people accusing him of ordering a suicide squeeze with 2 out.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    And btw, I was a RZ member, under a different name, before you were.
    Well c'mon, out with it! BadFundamentals? I can totally see you being the infamous BadFundamentals.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Question. Who is freaking out?

I think it's weird that people come on this board after one of the toughest losses of the season and poo-poo it and over-exaggerate the obviously somber mood.
    I'm only freaking out cause I am now two hours behind in my catch up email and work due to the extra inning marathon and it being more fun to hang out here, and its now 12:30am...

18. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I am correct that it was not a suicide squeeze. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.
    Choo's actions made it a suicide squeeze and yes, IMO that makes him the villain here. If he doesn't make the baserunning blunder then Heisey still has another chance to knock him in.

What's the word on Phillips bunt? Did Dusty call that? If not then I think Dusty has to make it clear to his players have lost their privilege to bunt on their own

Choo's actions made it a suicide squeeze and yes, IMO that makes him the villain here. If he doesn't make the baserunning blunder then Heisey still has another chance to knock him in.

What's the word on Phillips bunt? Did Dusty call that? If not then I think Dusty has to make it clear that his players have lost their privilege to bunt on their own
    I don't think you know what a suicide squeeze is. It looked possibly like it could be a safety squeeze. But in no way was it a suicide squeeze. On that play the runner breaks straight for home, damn the consequences.

Heck, it has been reported Dusty just said it was Heisey bunting for a hit.

Turn Off Ads?