Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Does Frazier Do It???

How Does Frazier Do It???

Thanks to the amazing phantom cam, my brilliant HD TV and 1/15th slow mo of my DISH DVR....I bring you this pic

This pic shows a ball that was the absolute biggest no doubter HR of the game from the RF seats. Every other HR looked like they were going to just make it....on TV as I re-watch Freese looked the best as everything looked perfect at all speeds....Choo's and Bruce's looked all-around great. And then there's Frazier, majority of weight on his front foot, hand immediately off the bat....but somehow murders the ball.

Both of his HR from my seats looked good....but on TV they are like virtually every other Frazier hit. I cannot believe how hard I witnessed that ball being hit and then look at how he did it in extreme slow mo.

Crazy.

2. Likes:

lollipopcurve (09-06-2013),mdccclxix (09-06-2013),RadfordVA (09-06-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How Does Frazier Do It???

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Thanks to the amazing phantom cam, my brilliant HD TV and 1/15th slow mo of my DISH DVR....I bring you this pic

This pic shows a ball that was the absolute biggest no doubter HR of the game from the RF seats. Every other HR looked like they were going to just make it....on TV as I re-watch Freese looked the best as everything looked perfect at all speeds....Choo's and Bruce's looked all-around great. And then there's Frazier, majority of weight on his front foot, hand immediately off the bat....but somehow murders the ball.

Both of his HR from my seats looked good....but on TV they are like virtually every other Frazier hit. I cannot believe how hard I witnessed that ball being hit and then look at how he did it in extreme slow mo.

Crazy.
    I think this is just proof of what hitting coaches have been saying for years (golf coaches as well). Power comes from the legs and pivot of the hips... the arms just hold the bat/club.

I like to equate it to my golf lessons from when I was 14. It is something I cannot do yet to this day: let the club do the work. To my eyes, this is Todd Frazier, Little Leaguer turned Pro.

Worth The Wait

We might not want to know the answer...

7. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-06-2013),redsmetz (09-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    We might not want to know the answer...
    You mean, "this is not the droid you are looking for"?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

9. Likes:

bigfunguy (09-06-2013)

He also seems to live by the approach "just get the barrel to it". He is strong enough that if he does that the ball will fly off of it.

I use him as an example with sons for that. You can have the prettiest swing in the world but if you are getting jammed or hitting off the end, it will not go far.

A STL fan reaction:

Freakin Frazier just throws the bat out there and one hands a pitch deep into the seats. Just one hands it over the fence and we cant stop hitting into DPs. This offense is a joke right now. Maybe tomorrow they will be better but right now, it is a joke.

Todd Frazier. Todd freaking Frazier. Dear Lord, if CIN had Darwin Barney and Pedro Alvarez along with T Frazier, they would score 12 runs a game against STL.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-06-2013),CarolinaRedleg (09-06-2013),KittyDuran (09-06-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (09-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    A STL fan reaction:
    Lol....I like that!

Frazier takes some of the ugliest swings I have ever seen a major leaguer attempt, and at times he apears to be unilkely to hit in weight in a church softball league---and then he will hit a pitch not even in the strike zone over the fence.
    I wonder if he and Votto discuss hitting. Todd and Joey do not appear to even speak the same language on that subject.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

15. Likes:

lollipopcurve (09-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    I think this is just proof of what hitting coaches have been saying for years (golf coaches as well). Power comes from the legs and pivot of the hips... the arms just hold the bat/club.
    It just seems he barely has enough strength to get the bat to contact point, then his right hand immediately flies off and his timing LOOKS to be awful...obviously to hit a ball like that his timing at impact and everything important is on cue, but unlikely to have your little league kids watch his video.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Lol....I like that!
    Me too lol. Todd has become to St Louis what Bucky Dent is in Boston... sorta/kinda!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Me too lol. Todd has become to St Louis what Bucky Dent is in Boston... sorta/kinda!
    Which is odd because about 6 games ago he was about 1/40 against the Cards.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

How does he do it? By swinging at that same pitch 20 times and making contact three times.

20. Likes:

HokieRed (09-06-2013),mth123 (09-06-2013),Old school 1983 (09-06-2013),Razor Shines (09-06-2013),RedsManRick (09-06-2013)

I have nothing to add, but I loved the OP. Very interesting to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    How does he do it? By swinging at that same pitch 20 times and making contact three times.
    If at first you don't succeed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?