Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers vs. Reds 9/8/13

Re: Dodgers vs. Reds 9/8/13

Australian Red gets another free pizza to help with his budget!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Likes:

Roy Tucker (09-08-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Gotta love how the Reds just swept the first place Dodgers and the sports highlights on Channel 9 started off with the Bengals loss and other NFL highlights. The Reds got about 30 seconds of coverage.

Anyway, I am SOOOO proud of the Reds for this amazing week of baseball! I went to games on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday and they were ALL amazing games (even without the Great 8 stuff, those games this weekend have all been fantastic). I've always thought that their best baseball hadn't been played yet this season and September is the absolute BEST time of the year for them to heat up and go on a hot streak of winning. I can't wait for them to crush the Cubs this week!

GO REDS!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

5. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-08-2013),WVRedsFan (09-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    The Call. Will probably never happen again.

No, really....
    Like I said. Congratulations
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

We've wondered if they'll ever go on their run.

I think they're on it.

8. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-09-2013),Roy Tucker (09-08-2013)

Chapman appeared in 5 of the 6 games against the Cards and Dodgers, pitched 5 innings, gave up 1 hit, kd 11. 2 saves and a win.

10. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    We've wondered if they'll ever go on their run.

I think they're on it.
    They're peaking at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I thought it was horrendous that Chapman is in the bullpen at all. I thought virtually anybody could be pitching these ninth innings against Puig, Ramirez, Gonzalez, Holliday, Craig, et al.
    I still think it is horrendous that he is in the bullpen. Doesn't mean I'm not happy when the Reds win!

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime58 View Post
    Hey was that Votto showing emotion? I thought he doesn't care...
    Joey Votto doesn't get paid to celebrate walk-off sweeps of first place teams.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

EMAW

amazing manager, he should be Manager of year in a cakewalk

It's 12:19 AM and only MLB network has mentioned baseball. It's NFL all the time. I despise the NFL. I guess I'm in the minority.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

16. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (09-09-2013)

I was over at a friend's to watch Breaking Bad so I missed everything post Votto up with the bases loaded at 9, pre Hanley hitting the game tying HR at 10ish, but rest assured I was yelling at my TV over Soto pinch hitting and had a celebration reaction very similar in spastic movement to Hanigan's.

We're still good.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    amazing manager, he should be Manager of year in a cakewalk
    Umm...I think that's going a bit too far. This team is meeting expectations, not destroying them.

I never thought they would sweep the Dodgers. Great series! All three games were like the playoffs. You really can't ask for more if you are a Reds fan. Looks like a battle to the wire for the top spot in the NL Central. Pirates are in a definite fade and the Cards have a pretty weak schedule the rest of the way. Just have to keep winning and let the chips fall where they may.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

20. Likes:

1940757690 (09-09-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    It's 12:19 AM and only MLB network has mentioned baseball. It's NFL all the time. I despise the NFL. I guess I'm in the minority.
    I "despise' the NBA but I've learned to tolerate the NFL. After the World Series, it can be a time-filler until NCAA Baseball starts up again in February. Of course, even then I usually have to gamble to keep interest.

Than God for the internet so I can pick and choose my news sources, Redzone, MLB, and several other baseball-centric sites.

Great week of Reds Baseball!!
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

What a game, what a week!

The Reds just held the dangerous Dodgers to seven runs over a three games series. That was playoff baseball. Unbelievable pitching by the Reds and the offense provided some excitement when it counted. How about Jay Bruce hitting two homers off Kershaw? Wow!

23. Likes:

TSJ55 (09-09-2013)

Turn Off Ads?