Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Scheduling Things

Re: Some Scheduling Things

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Yes, but the DBacks and Nats are pretty far back, so even if the Pirates have a bad month, they probably will get into the wild card game.

So I think Bucs fans will be happy about this season in the end and see something to build on.

Still, Reds are in good shape against the Pirates, in terms of recent play and remaining schedule.

Cards will likely be tougher to overtake, but of course you never know.
    Absolutely right on Nats and D-Backs. You can play crappy baseball for only so many months before the hole is just too deep and, for those two teams, it is.

The hardest core Bucs fans (are there any or are they really bored Steelers fans?) will be disappointed at a 1st-round-and-out playoff run, assuming it goes that way as I'd guess it will. But, most reasonable Pittsburghians will see it as you say.

I'm surprised that you and many here think it such a steep hill for us to overtake the Cards for the division. While I realiize it's far from certain we'll do that, I think it very realistic.

- We're only 1 game back with a win versus the Cubbies tonight
    - We have our next 9 against sub .500 teams
    - While we will play 6 against the Bucs, they may be reeling by the time we get to PNC and the Rockies and Nats represent at least as big a threat to the Cards.

I'd put our odds at winning the division at least at 40%. So not probable but very realistic an expectation to have.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    So I think Bucs fans will be happy about this season in the end and see something to build on.
    With football starting yesterday, I appear to be the closest thing to a Pirates fan left in Pittsburgh. I think most of them think the baseball season ended on Saturday. so they're probably ok.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    With football starting yesterday, I appear to be the closest thing to a Pirates fan left in Pittsburgh. I think most of them think the baseball season ended on Saturday. so they're probably ok.
    I don't know. The Steelers fans I know have already jumped ship on this season.

5. Likes:

vaticanplum (09-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post

I'd put our odds at winning the division at least at 40%. So not probable but very realistic an expectation to have.
    Cards don't play any playoff contenders and have the most home games left. They also have a 1.5 game lead. Put all of that together and they are definitely the favorites.

Reds are second, but their chances are still lower than 40% IMO. That's because it's still a three team race, the Pirates have some chance still.

Certainly not impossible at all. Reds could do it. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Splitting hairs but "Zimmerman" is the error-prone third baseman. Zimmermann is the pitcher. Gets mixed up all the time, even in DC. One "n": 3B. Two "n"s: pitcher.

More substantively, yeah, the Nats will likely take at least one from the Cards. They (Nats) have been under deserved and intense fire all year and, now that all is pretty much lost, they're playing a bit better and showing they have a bit of pride to go with all that unrealized potential. Remember also that the Cards ended the Nationals season in the LDS last year in shameful style. So no love lost between the teams.
    Thanks for sharing that, I knew they were real similar but not that close.

As far as DC screwing that up, they can't even get the name of the team right, anyone else remember the "Natinals" deal in 2009?

Turn Off Ads?