Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 301 to 306 of 306

Thread: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

  1. #301
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    374

    Re: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

    glad i was feeling bad and slept and DVRed tat game.. just watched it and was like how in the world did the Reds play great the last two series then lay a egg against the CUBS????? Goodness.. Did somebody tell them they clinched the division and the rest of theses games are no big deals?? Here is what I WISH would have happened the 1st time Jay Bruce came up.. 2nd and 3rd 2 outs.. has a 2-0 count.. They showed the shift and noway anybody throws him out if he drops a bunt down 3rd.. Jackson throws him a perfect straight down the middle pitch Which he takes, and if he dropped the bunt its 1-0 Reds 1st and 3rd.. of course he has to ground out towards the rightside of the infield..aftyer that to end the threat.. The Cubs looked more motivated in that game..GRRRRRRR..

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #302
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,108

    Re: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

    Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    My prediction is that if the Reds get out of this half inning without giving up any more runs that they comeback and win.
    Oh well

  4. #303
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,085

    Re: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Reds pinch off a smelly turd tonight.

    Very poor effort from a team in a pennant race with 17 games left.

    Bah.
    They look like a team that is merely satisfied with making the playoffs. No urgency in their game at all. Very disappointing. You know you are in trouble when Corky Miller drives in the only run.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  5. #304
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    They look like a team that is merely satisfied with making the playoffs. No urgency in their game at all. Very disappointing. You know you are in trouble when Corky Miller drives in the only run.
    Seriously? Why would they go to all that trouble of grinding it out against the Cards and Dodgers, two playoff teams, then consciously decide that "eh, that's enough for me, just be glad to get to the playoffs at this point, think I'll dog it against the Cubs. We can just throw our gloves out there." Things just don't work that way. Perhaps, just maybe, it is beyond their control, because it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense psychologically to be about effort at this point. Does the answer always have to be "if the Reds would just play harder....they just don't seem to care" when they lose a few games, even to a bad team like the Cubs?

    Or maybe we'll just all go to the game and start chanting "let's get fired up" clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....and the Reds will win every freaking game.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  6. Likes:

    Tom Servo (09-11-2013)

  7. #305
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,085

    Re: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Seriously? Why would they go to all that trouble of grinding it out against the Cards and Dodgers, two playoff teams, then consciously decide that "eh, that's enough for me, just be glad to get to the playoffs at this point, think I'll dog it against the Cubs. We can just throw our gloves out there." Things just don't work that way. Perhaps, just maybe, it is beyond their control, because it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense psychologically to be about effort at this point. Does the answer always have to be "if the Reds would just play harder....they just don't seem to care" when they lose a few games, even to a bad team like the Cubs?

    Or maybe we'll just all go to the game and start chanting "let's get fired up" clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....and the Reds will win every freaking game.
    That's the way they look to me. A team that was satisfied with winning the last week and believing they can just throw their glove out there and beat bad teams. The Cubs pitching ain't that good. I think sometimes its just a metter of concentration for these guys.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  8. #306
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That's the way they look to me. A team that was satisfied with winning the last week and believing they can just throw their glove out there and beat bad teams. The Cubs pitching ain't that good. I think sometimes its just a metter of concentration for these guys.
    Right, and you know the Reds pitching ain't that bad.

    Random. Random. Random. Random.

    Keep saying it.

    It will help your sanity. It will help explain how bad teams beat good teams, how bad pitchers baffle good hitters, how bad hitters hit a home run off Aroldis Chapman.

    It's just a very random game, and attributing it to lack of effort, or concentration, or hangovers, or lack of sex, or too much sex, is just trying to make sense out of randomness.

    Random. Random. Random.
    Last edited by traderumor; 09-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25