Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA and Oklahoma State

NCAA and Oklahoma State

Can the NCAA just get their 'investigation' over with in the next week or two like they did with Cam Newton and Manziel already?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NCAA and Oklahoma State

The fun part about Oklahoma State is that they aren't the only team implicated. LSU and West Virginia will have to likely face questions given Les Miles and Joe DeForest's involvement.

But if we want to talk about NCAA corruption, how about the five players named from the SEC today? One of which could lead to one of the linchpins of the Alabama offensive line being ruled ineligible for two national championships?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The fun part about Oklahoma State is that they aren't the only team implicated. LSU and West Virginia will have to likely face questions given Les Miles and Joe DeForest's involvement.

But if we want to talk about NCAA corruption, how about the five players named from the SEC today? One of which could lead to one of the linchpins of the Alabama offensive line being ruled ineligible for two national championships?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

A lot of the people interviewed are saying their words were twisted, didn't know they were being interviewed, or just didn't say what SI is saying they said. Anytime Thayer Evans is involved in a story like this I find it really hard to take it seriously.

6. Likes:

jojo (09-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Can the NCAA just get their 'investigation' over with in the next week or two like they did with Cam Newton and Manziel already?
    The NCAA spent over thirteen months looking at various aspects of Newton's recruitment.

SI has apparently spent over a year on their OKST expose and so far, it's looking like a vintage Wendy's commercial concerning the beef. Actually it's kind of worse given how the story is reflecting on SI.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

There isn't a program in the nation that is squeaky clean. The problem the NCAA has is it needs evidence in order to act. I think everyone and their brother knows that Manziel took money for autographs. The problem the NCAA has is they don't have a paper trail. They don't have evidence that money changed hands. If Manziel was discreetly paid cash they don't have any way of finding against A&M.

This is pretty damning against Oklahoma State. I don't know what the NCAA is going to do or if they have any recourse. Its always funny when a damning story comes out that people say their words were twisted or that they were confused.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx/22190
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.as...59858?subj=298

And then there's this article he wrote in the past that should tell you how objective the man is able to be when talking about Oklahoma State.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...belongs-010212

Oh and for good measure, Whitlock chiming in because I found this read funny.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post...Evans/11-22173

Obviously I have no rooting interest in OK State, I don't care one way or the other, but there's a lot of questions about how these interviews went down that should be addressed. Doesn't mean Oklahoma State is clean, but considering who was doing the interviews I can't believe any of it. Which sucks, because I'm sure there is some truth somewhere here. Coming from SI this is very weak, the Deadspin boys could have done twice the job in half of the time.

Wow once again Charles Robinson and Yahoo showing George Dorhmann and SI how it's done. Robinson has receipts, text messages and screen shots. Dorhmann has he said and I saw and partnered with a hack with an adgenda against the subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wow once again Charles Robinson and Yahoo showing George Dorhmann and SI how it's done. Robinson has receipts, text messages and screen shots. Dorhmann has he said and I saw and partnered with a hack with an adgenda against the subject matter.
    Yes. Yahoo really smoked SI this week.... talk about stealing thunder.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    If the name Charles Robinson comes up in association with your college you are in serious trouble.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    There isn't a program in the nation that is squeaky clean. The problem the NCAA has is it needs evidence in order to act. I think everyone and their brother knows that Manziel took money for autographs. The problem the NCAA has is they don't have a paper trail. They don't have evidence that money changed hands. If Manziel was discreetly paid cash they don't have any way of finding against A&M.
    They oughta get the IRS involved and let them pressure little Johnny Football about that tax-free money. Seems the IRS has their ways lol.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    They oughta get the IRS involved and let them pressure little Johnny Football about that tax-free money. Seems the IRS has their ways lol.
    Manziel is rich. They wouldn't be able to find a thing.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

When the name Charles Robinson pops up around your school, you should be terrified. Guy is an investigative machine.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Ha. Bucksfan2, I posted that same thing after seeing his name pop up initially. So true!
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Now Deadspin and ESPN have jumped in to debunk some of these accusations being reported by SI. This looks terrible for Sports Illustrated.

Turn Off Ads?