Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA and Oklahoma State

Re: NCAA and Oklahoma State

Anyone else find the academic dishonesty expose to be really lacking in actual evidence and the latest installment of drug abuse to be shockingly lacking in actual drugs.

The sex story had better have more going for it than football players find attractive college-aged girls attractive.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Now Deadspin and ESPN have jumped in to debunk some of these accusations being reported by SI. This looks terrible for Sports Illustrated.
    Well, there's probably going to be an investigation of the Okie St. program now so they will probably find some violations and Thayer Evans gets what he wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Well, there's probably going to be an investigation of the Okie St. program now so they will probably find some violations and Thayer Evans gets what he wants.
    I dunno, a lotta cash may or may not have been slipped into someone's pockets. Hard to find a paper trail there, and if SI couldn't get it in 10 months idk what's actually there. It feels to me like a guy with an agenda convinced SI that there was something there when there may not have been.

If they're looking for easy classes for athletes and pot, well go to any college anywhere. Doesn't take an investigation to figure that out lol.

SI decided to drag this out into a five part release. In hindsight they're probably regretting that decision. Not only have they been overshadowed by a competent Yahoo investigation with substance, the focus isn't really even on OK State anymore with the public, it's on the investigation itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I dunno, a lotta cash may or may not have been slipped into someone's pockets. Hard to find a paper trail there, and if SI couldn't get it in 10 months idk what's actually there. It feels to me like a guy with an agenda convinced SI that there was something there when there may not have been.

If they're looking for easy classes for athletes and pot, well go to any college anywhere. Doesn't take an investigation to figure that out lol.

SI decided to drag this out into a five part release. In hindsight they're probably regretting that decision. Not only have they been overshadowed by a competent Yahoo investigation with substance, the focus isn't really even on OK State anymore with the public, it's on the investigation itself.
    Well, I don't think Okie St. has clean hands in all this. Like you said, you put most any program under the microscope and you are going to find something. But, sure as shooting, there's going to be an NCAA investigation now and they usually find something. Okie St. goes on probation and OU reaps the benefits.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?