Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surgery time!

Re: Surgery time!

Best of luck and hope you have a very speedy recovery.

I know a couple of people who have went through similar surgeries here in the last month and it's amazing to me how fast they recovered. My dad had double bypass in 1999 and it took him months to get to the point of any kind of normality. It's incredible how far they've come since then.

2. Likes:

cinreds21 (09-15-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Had my first and only open heart surgery when I was two. That was 45 years ago, and I don't even have a heart mumer anymore. Best of luck, but modern medicine is so outstanding these days, you don't need it. Get well soon
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

5. Likes:

cinreds21 (09-15-2013)

-The Insider-

So after all that they had to move my surgery to Thursday. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    Quick story while watching Bama and A&M battle it out after a Reds victory......I had a smoking hot nurse after I broke my back in a car accident....and I mean smoking hot. She looked like she was hired by my friends as a prank nurse to flirt with me or something....after the 3rd day of her being my night shift nurse I realized she was a real nurse and I kind of flirted with her here and there because I was so hyped up on morphine that I truly didn't know any better....during the day my hot wife was there and during the evening the hot nurse took over, I truly was in no pain and pure heaven. Ok, here's the story part......it was time for me to get out of bed and have a bowel movement, you know that first BM after a surgery where your entire system is screwed up from all the drugs and junk hospital food, yeah that type of bowel movement,....it hit me about 2am so I buzzed the button for the nurse and I was praying that it would not be the hot one this time and sure enough, it was her....I had buzzed them about every 15 minutes asking for another Popsicle so they quit rushing to my room after the 10th Popsicle every night...so of course she took her time and I am about to mess my bed about the time she finally comes in and I asked her to help me up so I could go do #2 and she kind of looked at me all silly and said hold on, she walks in the bathroom and grabs a bed pan and said ok, I will raise you up and you can do your thing......I had a catheter in and it could not come out til the doctor approved it and I could not wait till 7am so here I was letting loose quite possibly the worse poop of my lifetime while this smoking hot wife stood there a mere 3 feet from the exit point holding my bed pan. Yeah.

Lets just say I never looked her in the eye again after that and I was truly embarrassed.

With that said....these nurses do not get paid well enough for what they do...they spend their entire shift waiting on us hand and foot then to have to do something like that for the patient that she did for me, that's pure dedication to your job. I found a new respect for nurses after that surgery....they truly earn their pay and deserve a whole lot more.
    After my heart surgery, I had a hot nurse (a couple of them, actually). I had to have one of them give me a suppository. Like you, I couldn't make eye contact with her after that.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

8. Likes:

cinreds21 (09-19-2013)

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    After my heart surgery, I had a hot nurse (a couple of them, actually). I had to have one of them give me a suppository. Like you, I couldn't make eye contact with her after that.
    Oh no that sounds horrible. I assume no happy ending accompanied that, right?

-The Insider-

I head in at 6 in the morning. I'll post on twitter or Facebook or some form of social media when I am coherent enough to type. Thank you for all the support and funny stories. Talk to y'all soon (hopefully )
    Last edited by cinreds21; 09-19-2013 at 12:17 AM.

11. Likes:

dougdirt (09-19-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I head in at 6 in the morning. I'll post on twitter or Facebook or some form of social media when I am coherent enough to type. Thank you for all the support and funny stories. Talk to y'all soon (hopefully )
    I will be on the lookout for some good news. Again, best of luck buddy.

13. Likes:

cinreds21 (09-19-2013),Dom Heffner (09-20-2013),Falcon7 (09-24-2013)

Turn Off Ads?