Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Ticket Opportunity

Re: Playoff Ticket Opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think they'll sell out fine. There are a lot of unknowns right now and I think people are waiting to see how it all shakes out. This time last year, we pretty much knew the Reds had home field advantage the first series.
    Plus we probably have a Sunday home game and a decent shot at that being Sunday night.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A lot of people got burned last year by buying tickets to multiple NLDS games (myself included), and then had to eat a heavy portion of the ticket costs. Thank MLB for not announcing game times until less than 24 hours before a start time. I remember watching Stubhub on the drive home from Game 3, and I couldn't believe how cheap everything was. I'm not getting burned again, and I bet there are thousands of fans swearing the same thing this year.

4. Likes:

Always Red (09-17-2013)

Help refresh my memory, the game everyone is talking about was game3 on a Tuesday afternoon, right?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Thanks to the generosity of a wonderful poster here at Redszone (who I won't embarrass or single out by posting their name...they know who they are ) who gave me the online code that he wasn't able to use, I now have tickets to the WC game and the first two home games of the NLDS. Ecstatic doesn't even begin to describe how relieved and happy I am right now! Thanks again!!

My record is now on the line....14-1 as of right now with at least three more home (non post season) games in my future next week. It's on!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

7. Likes:

Always Red (09-17-2013), edabbs44 (09-17-2013), KittyDuran (09-17-2013), OesterPoster (09-17-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (09-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    Help refresh my memory, the game everyone is talking about was game3 on a Tuesday afternoon, right?
    Game 3 was Tuesday late afternoon.
    Game 4 was Wednesday late afternoon.
    Game 5 was Thursday EARLY afternoon.

Stubhub was very kind to those games, especially game 5.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

9. Likes:

swaisuc (09-17-2013)

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Game 3 was Tuesday late afternoon.
    Game 4 was Wednesday late afternoon.
    Game 5 was Thursday EARLY afternoon.

Stubhub was very kind to those games, especially game 5.
    Thanks for the memories...
    IIRC, I didn't take vacation time for those games - just made up the time later (have 3.5 vacation days left this year).
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I did not even get a rejection e-mail from the Reds like I usually do. I feel, like, extra-ambivalently rejected.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Dang....I never got the e-mail to sign up like I have in the past. Last few years I got rejected, but this year I got rejected before even having the chance to get rejected!
    Sto Pro Veritate

Ex-Tree

Just got a notice for the "second chance" ticket opportunity. Can someone explain how it works--does the ticket office allow you to select specific games, or do you just take what they give you? How much are tickets? Are any decent seats left at this point? Help!
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Argos View Post
    Just got a notice for the "second chance" ticket opportunity. Can someone explain how it works--does the ticket office allow you to select specific games, or do you just take what they give you? How much are tickets? Are any decent seats left at this point? Help!
    Just got that too. Looks like it's only for the WC game and NLDS. We'll know the seating tomorrow morning.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Argos View Post
    Some season ticket holders, package holders, and first round winners may not have purchased the maximum number of seats, so there are a few left. I got in the second chance lottery in 2010 and was able to only get a single for the first game (in the field boxes, though) but more in Game 2 and the NLCS - which obviously never happened.

Irony....I never win these lottery things but I actually won the second chance opportunity last night! Gotta love how that works, LOL Anyway, I don't plan on using this code so if anyone still wants to buy some post season tickets, please PM me here with your email address ASAP so I can forward you the code. The ticket sales start at 9 AM today.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

FYI-Code is officially gone now. Someone requested it from me this morning just in case anyone was seeing this thread for the first time.

I will take a code if someone will not be using one. Please PM me.

The wild card game and division series games are on sale to the general public at

reds.com now.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Turn Off Ads?