Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: 9/14/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

Re: 9/14/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    But most teams get production out of more lineup spots than the Reds do.

Some due to injury, some due to subpar performance.

Reds are below average in hitting at many positions.

Good win.

Need another and 2 out of 3 in HOU

Can they at least do that?

The changes that are coming either at manager, HC....or ML Hitting instruction needs to be swift and decisive, IMO.

Frazier at least has started to look to hit into RF more.

Heisey and Cozart remain oblivious that it exists.

2. Turn Off Ads?

"And This One Belongs To The Reds."

Reds pitching, without the bad outing by Sam, was excellent today. The offense soared. We need more games like this. My take on Votto is, like others have mentioned, is trying to win so hard that he tries too hard at times because he knows he has no consistent help on the team, so he tries to do too much.

Funny, Joey tells Jim Day, "when I want to hit the foul pole, I hit the foul pole," and laughs.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

At least for today...

Told You So, Gentlemen and Ladies. The sun has shone.

Now, noone go jumping off any cliffs if the Nats blowout the Phils tonight. I'll be at that game more or less indifferent to the outcome because I'm not concerned about any threat from DC.

We need to play .550 or better to the end of the month. We will. Won't matter what the Nats do though the Braves series starting Monday for them will be very interesting in a voyeuristic sort of way.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Reds pitching, without the bad outing by Sam, was excellent today. The offense soared. We need more games like this. My take on Votto is, like others have mentioned, is trying to win so hard that he tries too hard at times because he knows he has no consistent help on the team, so he tries to do too much.

Funny, Joey tells Jim Day, "when I want to hit the foul pole, I hit the foul pole," and laughs.
    Stupid base running and not sliding is trying too hard?

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    At least for today...

Told You So, Gentlemen and Ladies. The sun has shone.

Now, noone go jumping off any cliffs if the Nats blowout the Phils tonight. I'll be at that game more or less indifferent to the outcome because I'm not concerned about any threat from DC.

We need to play .550 or better to the end of the month. We will. Won't matter what the Nats do though the Braves series starting Monday for them will be very interesting in a voyeuristic sort of way.

The Braves did a terrible job of closing things up in 2011......so I am not sure how, with the way WAS is playing that this is a good matchup in ATL clear favor.

Just saw the video of Votto's homerun. I watch a lot of Reds baseball and I cannot remember the last time he turned on a fastball with authority like that.

Watching the highlights now, I know a lot of us had to listen to the game the old fashion way but still, no comments on Votto, Choo, and Frazier all wearing the high socks?

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Watching the highlights now, I know a lot of us had to listen to the game the old fashion way but still, no comments on Votto, Choo, and Frazier all wearing the high socks?

I said it as soon as I saw Votto....just didn't put it on here.

Makes Joey look faster running....and makes him able to pull pitches

11. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-14-2013)

Don't Choo and Frazier always wear the higher socks? It seems so. It's definitely a new look for Joey though. I was watching football all day, but good to see the Reds got a W. Need another tomorrow. Can't afford to lose any more series to sub-.500 teams.

Frazier wears them when the Reds wear their red alternates, but otherwise not. Choo has gone through stretches this season of wearing the high socks, but not always. For instance, this is him from Sept 7.

It definitely struck me as something notable that all three did it today.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The Braves did a terrible job of closing things up in 2011......so I am not sure how, with the way WAS is playing that this is a good matchup in ATL clear favor.
    Tony, here's the thing about the 2013 Washington Nationals. A more mediocre team you will not find in MLB.

The "way WAS is playing" never sticks around for long. Month after month....every one this season....they floundered around the .500 mark. They lost tonight, as everyone now knows. And, they did it in classic "bad Nats" fashion with anemic hitting aided by some less typical suspect pitching. They were a story last week but that'll now stop. The Nats played every month this year to right around .500 ball. This month, so far, they are 10-3. The only question remaining for them is whether they can finish this month--and thus the year--above .500. Despite the great start on Sept, that'll be no small task with the Cards, Braves and D-Backs accounting for 9 of their final 14.

The Nats have been and will be irrelevant to the Reds. Our challenge has nothing to do with (and is in no way threatened by) the team in DC. It's all about whether we can hit enough to string together 9 or 10 more wins and maybe have a shot at the division. As I've posted here all along, I have zero worry about our making the post season. Beyond that though, haven't a clue what our guys do in a one game playoff or an LDS after what happened last year and watching them closely this year.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Tony, here's the thing about the 2013 Washington Nationals. A more mediocre team you will not find in MLB.

The "way WAS is playing" never sticks around for long. Month after month....every one this season....they floundered around the .500 mark. They lost tonight, as everyone now knows. And, they did it in classic "bad Nats" fashion with anemic hitting aided by some less typical suspect pitching. They were a story last week but that'll now stop. The Nats played every month this year to right around .500 ball. This month, so far, they are 10-3. The only question remaining for them is whether they can finish this month--and thus the year--above .500. Despite the great start on Sept, that'll be no small task with the Cards, Braves and D-Backs accounting for 9 of their final 14.

The Nats have been and will be irrelevant to the Reds. Our challenge has nothing to do with (and is in no way threatened by) the team in DC. It's all about whether we can hit enough to string together 9 or 10 more wins and maybe have a shot at the division. As I've posted here all along, I have zero worry about our making the post season. Beyond that though, haven't a clue what our guys do in a one game playoff or an LDS after what happened last year and watching them closely this year.

I agree with what you are saying........which makes this whole 2nd WC thing a joke to me when I see a team that has done nothing for almost all year....now having to chance to still make a difference in the post season.

It looks better in the AL where most of those teams have at least been over .500 for more than half the year.

Turn Off Ads?