Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Bruce RF
    Ludwick LF
    Frazier 3B
    Cozart SS
    Hanigan C
    Bailey P
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9/14/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

Reds win 8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Reds win 8-1
    Shortest game thread ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    They better win or i can see the wheels falling off fast. Can't expect help from the cubs everyday.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I love this lineup. Would love to see Dusty roll with it the rest of the year with Mesoraco slotting in at 8 when Hanigan sits..

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    One of the most positive as well.

8. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-14-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    They better win or i can see the wheels falling off fast. Can't expect help from the cubs everyday.
    Wheels don't fall off based on one game in the marathon they call a baseball season.

The randomness of baseball ensures they is little momentum (either positive or negative) during the baseball season.

If you wonder why the Reds (or any other team for that matter) sometimes look unbeatable and sometimes look like that couldn't find their bats with two hands and a map, look simply to the randomness of baseball.

Sometimes you can do all the right things and lose, and sometimes you can do all the wrong things and win.

If they lose today, I doubt the wheels come off. Perhaps a lug nut might though?

I think we're going to win though.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Wheels don't fall off based on one game in the marathon they call a baseball season.

The randomness of baseball ensures they is little momentum (either positive or negative) during the baseball season.

If you wonder why the Reds (or any other team for that matter) sometimes look unbeatable and sometimes look like that couldn't find their bats with two hands and a map, look simply to the randomness of baseball.

Sometimes you can do all the right things and lose, and sometimes you can do all the wrong things and win.
    Even Marathoners pace themselves for a sprint at the end. Newsflash - its nearing the end.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

12. Likes:

toledodan (09-14-2013)

Ludwick playing in a day game...you know Dusty's getting serious now.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

Is the excuse for this team going 2-5 against the Brewers, with what basically has been almost a full Triple A club during this time.....randomness?

I can understand losing 2 out of 3 to the Cubs...after beating them up all year, even two games they lost in the 8th with 2 to 4 run leads by Ondrusek and Hoover earlier in the year... the Cubs eventually were going to win some games against them.
    The only domination I have seen that lasted all year was Reds vs Astros in 1995, Reds vs Padres and Braves in 1980. It was a joke how well the Reds played and destroyed those teams.

I do not think it is too much to ask for the Reds to win 2 out of 3 against the Brewers....is it? Did the Reds already clinch something since those 7 games against STL and LA? They seem to be taking it pretty easy since then.

Even Ludwick after the 2nd game said there seemed to be a lack of focus.
    In the middle of September with a chance to still win the division and having to still possibly stave off Washington?....there is a possible lack of focus.
    Not the randomness of baseball.

15. Likes:

toledodan (09-14-2013)

8.64 ERA for Hellweg....oh my

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime58 View Post
    Ludwick playing in a day game...you know Dusty's getting serious now.
    Nice of Surfer Joe Cool manager to finally see that. I thought he did when he had Chapman go 2 that one game.

I also want to hear what Walt has been doing since the beginning of the season and some explanation as to why making moves during a season is destroying some team chemistry or are they really that strapped for cash.

No TV? Fox is showing the Yankees game....

Brandon is a very interesting character on the field haha

Turn Off Ads?