Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 9/15/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

Re: 9/15/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    agree, Pirates go all out and get Byrd and Morneau and the Reds stood pat. Hopefully Cueto gives them some momentum.
    Yeah, we haven't had that big winning streak yet, but I know it's coming --

2. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-15-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Considering we just beat the Cardinals and Dodgers in a series ago, yes.

I don't buy the sense of urgency/complacency/whatever BS. The Reds had the game won today and they lost because of walks, bad mistakes, and bad luck. Not because 'they didn't want it enough'.
    My view as well. I remain fully confident we make postseason play. Not so confident anymore about a possible division run. And, feel totally unable to even form a view about what might happen in a 1-game playoff or LDS beyond that.

Hope Cueto is feeling good.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I fear playing the Pirates less than I do the Brewers. Woe betide any contender traveling there between now and the end of the season.
    The crazy thing is, they suck against anyone else. Only we have issues with the freaking Brewers.

Come on, Duke did not lose this game for the Reds. I mean, Duke lost this game, but Duke did not lose this game. If you know what I mean.

7. Likes:

Larkin Fan (09-15-2013),mth123 (09-15-2013),Tom Servo (09-15-2013)

With the roll this team is on, the Astros might pose a threat. Hope we don't come out of Texas saying, "Houston............we have a problem."

9. Likes:

Larkin Fan (09-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Come on, Duke did not lose this game for the Reds. I mean, Duke lost this game, but Duke did not lose this game. If you know what I mean.
    I didn't see most of the game. But Dusty should not have had Duke out there in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    In recent weeks, the Cards and Pirates have had no problem with the Brewers. This is all on the old Red Legs.
    Not in Milwaukee. That team can hit.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    agree, Pirates go all out and get Byrd and Morneau and the Reds stood pat. Hopefully Cueto gives them some momentum.
    The Pirates are basically at the exact same spot they were in before they went "all out".
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Not saying the game was lost by not using Hamilton but it could have definitely made a difference. If Hamilton steals right away we all know BP would bunt him to third. They probably still pitch around/walk Votto and now the Bruce long fly is a sac fly and Chapman is pitching the bottom of the 9th. You have a great weapon for close games late. Use it.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    With the roll this team is on, the Astros might pose a threat. Hope we don't come out of Texas saying, "Houston............we have a problem."
    Or, "Houston is our [latest] problem."

Charles will be there. He'll make sure they get it done.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I didn't see most of the game. But Dusty should not have had Duke out there in that spot.
    The hitter had more success off of righties.....but if I'm trying to win Chappy enters in the 8th with runners on 1st and 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Really? Bruce drove one to the deepest part of the park and Gomez made an amazing play. They threw over a couple times when Choo was on base and he stole a bag. I can't see how anything would be different.
    Yes really. We've seen it already. Everyone reacts differently with Hamilton on the bases. The great Molina's throw was off the mark because he rushed it....Hamilton safe. Pitchers divert their attention when Hamilton's on base. Choo is not the base stealer that Hamilton is. Hamilton hasn't been caught yet...and everyone in the stadium knows that when Hamilton's on the bases, he's stealing...and they still can't throw him out. He would've been on second with Phillips still at the plate. As I mentioned already, Phillips is a better hitter with runners in scoring position (maybe he shouldn't be, but he is). There would've been a legit RBI opportunity earlier in the inning. Choo stole with 2 outs and Votto at the plate....of course they're going to intentionally give him a pass at that point.

The opportunities are completely different if Hamilton is running rather than Choo.
    Last edited by RedsBrick; 09-15-2013 at 05:34 PM.

I'm confident we make the postseason. I'm just no longer confident that we'll be at all successful.

19. Likes:

1940757690 (09-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Pirates are basically at the exact same spot they were in before they went "all out".
    .........and if they hadn't where might they be?

21. Likes:

mth123 (09-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Not saying the game was lost by not using Hamilton but it could have definitely made a difference. If Hamilton steals right away we all know BP would bunt him to third. They probably still pitch around/walk Votto and now the Bruce long fly is a sac fly and Chapman is pitching the bottom of the 9th. You have a great weapon for close games late. Use it.
    Especially in a series where 3 or 4 steals of 2nd lead directly to runs.

Turn Off Ads?