Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heard on MLB Tonight

Heard on MLB Tonight

https://twitter.com/HeardOnMLBT

I've got to give a shoutout on a Twitter account I discovered a few months ago (I swear it's not me). The link is above. Basically they just quote some of the ridiculous and hilariously inaccurate things they say on MLB tonight. I often end up giving a solid out loud laugh at their tweets. Here are some gems.

"[Trout] is not scoring runs." - Harold Reynolds (Trout leads the AL in runs scored)
    "They finally moved [Trout] to the 3-spot, and he's taken off." - Harold Reynolds (h/t @FlyByKnite)
    "Granderson is a 20 HR 20 3B 20 2B 20 SB player."-Harold (Hasn't done this since 2007)
    "Trevor Bauer could become one of the worst first round draft picks ever." - Mitch Williams
    "Mark Trumbo never cared about OBP in his life up until this year or maybe last." - Greg Amsinger
    "[Weaver] hasn't thrown the ball very well his last few times out." - Mitch Williams (1 R in 14 IP over last 2 starts)
    Reynolds thinks lincecum will get "close to 20 million a year" from another team to be a closer
    "I don't give a flip if my 2nd hitter has a low OBP." - Harold Reynolds
    [QUOTE]"A no-hitter means no runs, no hits." - Mitch Williams[/QUOTE

"The OBP of Brandon Phillips means nothing." - Mitch Williams
    Kenny: "So you're saying [Jay Bruce] is the best player on the Reds this year?" Reynolds: "No, I'm saying he's the MVP."
    "Harvey has probably had a torn UCL since high school and didn't know about it." - Mitch Williams
    "Myers wouldn't have been the same player on the Royals. They don't have Longoria to teach him." - Darryl Hamilton
    "I would put [Miguel Cabrera] on base to tire him out." - Darryl Hamilton
    "Andrew McCutchen, B.J. Upton. They should be mirroring each other statistically." - Jerry Manuel
    "I thought Liriano pitched well." - Jerry Manuel (line of 4 IP, 9 H, 4 ER)
    "J.J. Hardy is probably the best all-around shortstop in the game today." - Mitch Williams
    "Detroit signing Torii Hunter was one of the best free agent signings in MLB history." - Dan Plesac
    "The inside-the-park homer [in the 2007 All-Star Game] put Ichiro on the international map." - Harold Reynolds
    "Tyler Clippard is having a rough season." - Mitch Williams (Clippard has a 2.11 ERA)
    "If you're hitting .300 but it's not a 'heavy' .300 and you're not doing damage, I'm not buying it." - Mitch Williams on Joey Votto
    "McCutchen might not even be the MVP of his own team!" - Harold Reynolds
    "Shane Victorino is playing in San Francisco, which is close to Hawaii."
    "[Jason Giambi] is still a valuable hitter." - Mitch Williams (Giambi is batting .185/.286/.384)
    "You can talk about on-base percentage all you want, but I didn’t give [Votto] $225 million to put him on base.” - Harold Reynolds
    "Anibal Sanchez is not a top 50 starter." (8th in baseball in ERA and fWAR)
    "The NL Central isn't the best division in the NL...the Dodgers are better." - Harold Reynolds
    I'll stop, because I could go on forever. It's amazing these people get paid to talk about baseball.

2. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (09-19-2013),Beltway (09-20-2013),Billy Hamilton's Legs (09-18-2013),camisadelgolf (09-19-2013),Driver62 (09-19-2013),Edd Roush (09-19-2013),HeatherC1212 (09-19-2013),kbrake (09-18-2013),marcshoe (09-19-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-20-2013),RedlegJake (09-18-2013),RichRed (09-19-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (09-19-2013),WDE (09-18-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-18-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Heard on MLB Tonight

It's amazing that someone would waste their time trying to discredit things guys say on a baseball show

5. Likes:

Brutus (09-18-2013),dabvu2498 (09-18-2013)

Funny stuff. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's amazing that someone would waste their time trying to discredit things guys say on a baseball show
    Pretty sure they just post what they are dm'ed by other people. It doesn't seem like too much time is being wasted.

I loved MLB Network at launch because it provided a great alternative to the ESPN idiocy. Now it is simply more of the same.

9. Likes:

BoxingRed (09-18-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-18-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I cannot even begin to fathom how somebody who knows fundamentally so little about a sport as Harold Reynolds does about baseball was ever able to play it professionally.

He has said probably all of the top 10 profoundly stupid things I've ever heard about baseball in my life.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I loved MLB Network at launch because it provided a great alternative to the ESPN idiocy. Now it is simply more of the same.
    I agree. It was amazing at first. Now it's like listening to a garbage disposal. They might honestly be worse than ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Pretty sure they just post what they are dm'ed by other people. It doesn't seem like too much time is being wasted.
    Then it's even more post modern then I thought.

I like the network, it's all baseball all the time, as for the talking heads I can live with their thoughts, it's not hurting my life to sift the BS from the good stuff and frankly listening to anyone who has had a career in the game is an opportunity to learn something.

Plus how else would I learn about the teams from the states that don't sit next to large bodies of water?

13. Likes:

919191 (09-19-2013),Brutus (09-18-2013),jimbo (09-19-2013),Joseph (09-18-2013),Old school 1983 (09-19-2013),redsmetz (09-18-2013),TSJ55 (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Is there an echo in here?

16. Likes:

westofyou (09-18-2013)

I lived 28 years before Baseball Tonight was invented, I lived 34 years before ESPN instituted the bottom line ticker. Even more before MLB Radio showed up, more until the games were all on TV.

I won't be complaining about the MLB Network anytime soon.

But please continue if you must, the alternative sucks

18. Likes:

757690 (09-18-2013),BRM13 (09-18-2013),mth123 (09-18-2013),Strikes Out Looking (09-19-2013)

I still love the MLB network and watch it every night of the week and sometimes on weekends.....and probably will continue to do so....no show is perfect and no media personality is perfect....I could only imagine the drivel I would speak if I was up there and I like to think I know a good deal about the game....sometimes I watch for shock value and sometimes I watch for a laugh but most of the time I watch because it's baseball they are discussing and I'd rather watch idiots discuss baseball than dr. Oz tell me how to lose weight or try and watch yet another reality show......

20. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (09-19-2013)

I would like to see the full conversation instead of a short quote. It seems like some of these could have been taken out of context. How do we even know they even said these things.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

22. Likes:

edabbs44 (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    I would like to see the full conversation instead of a short quote. It seems like some of these could have been taken out of context. How do we even know they even said these things.
    Because Twitter said so.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

To me, Billy Hamilton doesn't look that fast on the bases." - Mitch Williams

Turn Off Ads?