Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9/16/2013 Reds v. Astros

Re: 9/16/2013 Reds v. Astros

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    If the Cards lose too tonight that loss yesturday was even more devistating. Would of been only 1.5 games out...
    Can't look at it that way, George. We just need to keep winning. And St Louis losing is always a reason to celebrate in my book. It's almost as fun as a Reds win.

Rockies couldn't squeeze another run from the bases-loaded scenario. Now to the 8th with Rockies up 2-1.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds odds of winning a one game wild card are much greater than winning the division at this point.

I'll take a second straight division title if they pull it out of their rear, but as a fan my focus is now on keeping their wild card spot, lining up the team for the one game playoff, and winning that game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The division wasn't referenced on here until a few posts back.
    I know it hadn't, I was bringing it up.

One of the things I like about mlb.tv (aside from being able to watch most of the Reds games that way since I'm out of market) is that you can pick the home or away feed.

How to tell you've dialed into the Cards' feed for a Rockies game:

They put up a stat showing STL has had more success against Colorado since 2010 than against any other team (.750).

Tying run on 2nd, one out. Top 8.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Iwouldn't call it a must win but it was a "will look pretty bad if you lose" game.
    Trying to catch 2 teams with little time left, against the worst team in the MLB, it's a must win!

7. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-16-2013)

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime58 View Post
    I know it hadn't, I was bringing it up.
    Who wants a one game playoff? I don't...I want the division...I don't want a one and done situation. If that's what we got...you got to take it but the focus of this team should be to win the division and even if you lose the first game it does not matter....ask the Giants..
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

The Reds odds of winning a one game wild card are much greater than winning the division at this point.

I'll take a second straight division title if they pull it out of their rear, but as a fan my focus is now on keeping their wild card spot, lining up the team for the one game playoff, and winning that game.
    Totally agree. Gotta make that game. Like you, I'll take the division if the Bucs and Cards fall on their faces, but I don't expect that.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Ugh come on Rockies

Ugh come on Rockies
    what's happining??

Who wants a one game playoff? I don't...I want the division...I don't want a one and done situation. If that's what we got...you got to take it but the focus of this team should be to win the division and even if you lose the first game it does not matter....ask the Giants..
    I was arguing that they should be gunning for the division too lol. Thus making this game essentially a must-win. As will be tomorrow, Wednesday, and probably all the Mets games.

what's happining??
    Matt Carpenter with a trademark double to score a run. 2-2

Matt Carpenter with a trademark double to score a run. 2-2
    Clutch....

I was arguing that they should be gunning for the division too lol. Thus making this game essentially a must-win. As will be tomorrow, Wednesday, and probably all the Mets games.
    What about the Pirates games, a team ahead of the Reds?

I think we are up to all must wins at this point.

With time running out if you want the division I would argue the Reds can't lose more than 2 more games. But that doesn't make them all must wins. Especially since we have seen the ironic performance of this team vs. LAD and MIL.

I hold "must" to a high standard.

What about the Pirates games, a team ahead of the Reds?

I think we are up to all must wins at this point.

With time running out if you want the division I would argue the Reds can't lose more than 2 more games. But that doesn't make them all must wins. Especially since we have seen the ironic performance of this team vs. LAD and MIL.

I hold "must" to a high standard.
    The most realistic path to 9-2 the rest of the way is with 2 losses to the Pirates I would say. But yeah, any scenario that results in 9-2. Not much hope otherwise for the division.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Well...6-2 Rockies in the bottom of the 8th. Lookin good!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?