Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/16/2013 Reds v. Astros

Re: 9/16/2013 Reds v. Astros

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Ludwick went too far, not Cozart (at least, that's what it looked like to me)
    Ludwick never got 10 ft past 2nd before Zach forced his hand.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I did enjoy hearing a breathless Marty run back to the microphone to complain about the out but remain silent about the 2 runs scored.

4. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Is that a man or a woman?
    Man. They showed him zoomed in in the top of the 4th
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Ludwick never got 10 ft past 2nd before Zach forced his hand.
    He was half way between 2nd and 3rd
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    And Frazier just showed the other side of this coin, striking out with 0 outs and the bases loaded is definitely worse than any other kind of out.
    The K wasn't good, mind you. But it was still only one out, and after the AB there was still a chance for a sac fly or fielder's choice to score a run. (Or a single to score two runs!)

Had Frazier hit into a 6-4-3, (or worse: a 6-2-3), there could have been two outs, and either one or zero runs in.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    He was half way between 2nd and 3rd
    Someone back me up here.

On the wide shot Luddy was 10 ft off second as Cozart was sprinting toward 2nd halfway there.

Bruce forgot the outs, LOL.

Cueto continues to do well.

Did Dusty or anyone mention a pitch count for Cueto? I gotta think they'll stick to about 75-80?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    The K wasn't good, mind you. But it was still only one out, and after the AB there was still a chance for a sac fly or fielder's choice to score a run. (Or a single to score two runs!)

Had Frazier hit into a 6-4-3, (or worse: a 6-2-3), there could have been two outs, and either one or zero runs in.
    Yes. Right.

But since Frazier was going to try and hit the ball; and wasn't going to strike out on purposes; and was seeking contact or a walk; what difference does it make?

Even if a K is sometimes better, nobody tries for one, nor should he. The objective should be solid contact or a walk. Not a K. Whole argument is academic.

Someone back me up here.

On the wide shot Luddy was 10 ft off second as Cozart was sprinting toward 2nd halfway there.
    About half way between is what I saw.

Someone back me up here.

Half way. Sorry.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Bye bye Bedard.

Pads lead Bucs 2-0 in the ninth. Cards trail Rockies 1-0 in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I think Dusty means the big game is obvious and he doesn't want to overdo the pressure. Seems fair to me.

I've been in pressure positions at work and we generally don't say to each other, hey this is high pressure.

The most important thing is that Cozart has four RBIs tonight and the Reds are winning. Let's win and worry about the psychology afterwards.
    Big projects, important assignments, pulling through a sale with a big account...important things for every employer/employee are usually emphasized and not treated as the usual fair, without overtly discussing the pressure.

It would've been ok for Dusty to say, "yeah, we've got some big games coming up...we still have a shot at the division, we need to play well." And maybe he said something like that, I don't know. Marty chose not to disclose that part of the discussion, if so.

It's ok to discuss stuff like this now, I'm fine....I'm not really playing the game, just chattin' about it.

Fair enough on the Ludwick play guys, I'm out numbered. I accidentally turned the channel so I can't post a pic of it off my DVR.

I'd love to see a shot of Ludwick halfway if any one can.

Turn Off Ads?