Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Help me with my post season options

  1. #1
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,394

    Help me with my post season options

    Hi all,

    I need help figuring out how I can watch post season baseball and would like advice on my options.

    The parameters/limitations:

    1) I do not have cable or dish, and I have no plans to subscribe.
    2) I may be able to receive an air signal from Indianapolis. We use a box to get the digital signal from our local pbs station, but I have not tried to do that for network. This would give us access to FOX
    3) I have wifi in the house.
    4) I have a Wii, which is how we watch "television" with Netflix and Amazon prime.
    5) I do not have a Roku, but would purchase one if it makes a difference.
    6) I have various tablets and would watch on those if that were an option.


    I think last year I found that I could only watch a portion of the post season games by subscribing to MLB.tv. Is that still correct?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,193

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Hi all,

    I need help figuring out how I can watch post season baseball and would like advice on my options.

    The parameters/limitations:

    1) I do not have cable or dish, and I have no plans to subscribe.
    2) I may be able to receive an air signal from Indianapolis. We use a box to get the digital signal from our local pbs station, but I have not tried to do that for network. This would give us access to FOX
    3) I have wifi in the house.
    4) I have a Wii, which is how we watch "television" with Netflix and Amazon prime.
    5) I do not have a Roku, but would purchase one if it makes a difference.
    6) I have various tablets and would watch on those if that were an option.


    I think last year I found that I could only watch a portion of the post season games by subscribing to MLB.tv. Is that still correct?
    You can watch postseason games on mlb.tv (throught whatever internet-connected device you have, I would think) and it's a pretty good deal, but the catch is blackout restrictions.

    All the rest of that tech stuff you said went into my brain, jumbled up, and spat out in the form of "go watch the game at a bar."
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  4. Likes:

    Chip R (09-18-2013), KittyDuran (09-18-2013)

  5. #3
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,304

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    This is waht they had last year. Basically and add on to MLBTV for $4.99. You can use it on most any device. I could not find anything for 2013 yet. But I would think they would have something like this.

    http://www.sportsgeekery.com/17072/w...postseason-tv/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  6. #4
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,815

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    Go downtown and watch it on Score-o-matic


  7. Likes:

    919191 (09-19-2013), Chip R (09-18-2013), KittyDuran (09-18-2013), RedFanAlways1966 (09-18-2013)

  8. #5
    Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,411

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Go downtown and watch it on Score-o-matic

    Pay no mind to the man behind the scoreboard...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 21-17
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  9. #6
    Member VR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    8,588

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    Buffalo Wild Wings
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

  10. #7
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,394

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    You are a disappointing group of consultants, is all I can say.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  11. Likes:

    vaticanplum (09-18-2013)

  12. #8
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,373

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    I take it "Drive to Cincy" is off the table? :O)

    Seriously...just go the MLB.tv route. Yeah, there are probably better solutions, but not as easy or reliable.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  13. #9
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,394

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I take it "Drive to Cincy" is off the table? :O)
    There is the chance of going to a game, but I believe the current count in our family is four people who will have to die first.
    If they make the nlcs I may be willing to swap my daughters' first semester of college for a game.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  14. #10
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,373

    Re: Help me with my post season options

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    There is the chance of going to a game, but I believe the current count in our family is four people who will have to die first.
    If they make the nlcs I may be willing to swap my daughters' first semester of college for a game.
    So I take it, if....sorry, WHEN they make it to the world series...that same daughter gets sold into slavery in order to purchase tickets?
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25