Turn Off Ads?
Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1105

Thread: 9/18/13 Reds v. Astros

Re: 9/18/13 Reds v. Astros

Again with the lead off walks.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

2. Turn Off Ads?

You just knew this was going to happen. Lead off walk. Maybe they should have kept Simon in?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Chapman did blow a save last September against Houston...

/kills self for remembering this
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-19-2013)

One of those games

Chapman on the road, I don't know what happens sometimes. But after a few pitches now, I hope he'll settle down. He's had several days off.

I'm tired
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Hey -- this thing is back on!

Man, some of the things I'm hearing from the empty canyon in Houston sound....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    BP hasnt had a great season, but 12 mil to hit 100 plus rbis and play gold glove defense? I could think of worse things. Id argue that joeys contract is worse (if we are going straight on 2013 performance).
    When you can complain about the year your two highest paid players are having and then look at the standings and see your team near the top of the division and heading to the playoffs things are good.

You just knew this was going to happen. Lead off walk. Maybe they should have kept Simon in?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Hey -- this thing is back on!

Man, some of the things I'm hearing from the empty canyon in Houston sound....interesting.

I'm tired
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Chapman...not 100% tonight...keep it in the yard
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Who pitches for the Reds now?

Edit: I posted this 10 minutes ago.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

the masochist in me is slightly rooting for AAAstros to tie it up for this joke game to continue. I want 10 stolen bases for billy hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    I am going to propose a study to determine why so many people flock to this board when things go south for the Reds. It just doesnt make sense.
    It's not unique to this board.

I also post on a UK forum and lurk on a Titans forum and the exact same question is asked in every loss for both of those teams/programs.

I think a lot of people like to use message boards to VENT/air frustrations. It's a lot easier to have a random stranger call you a lunatic and shrug it off than a friend doing the same. /NotaPsychologist

Turn Off Ads?