Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds still in on Alexander Guerrero !

Re: Reds still in on Alexander Guerrero !

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    If we are going to be bidding on a Boras client I'd rather do it on the one we have...
    Yes but signing one client doesn't necessarily mean that we can't sign another. Besides it might engender some good will in him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can he bunt?

4. Likes:

BoxingRed (10-15-2013),CarolinaRedleg (10-16-2013),Red Raindog (09-20-2013),RedEye (09-19-2013),Reds&BuckeyeGuy (10-15-2013),wlf WV (09-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    So much of Frazier's value will depend on how he hits in 2014. If he hits well, he could either be cashed in as a trading chip or moved to LF if Choo isn't re-signed and/or Y-Rod isn't ready to takeover for Ludwick in 2015. If he repeats his 2013 offensive performance, he certainly won't have a lot of trade value and should be replaced (by Guerrero?) in the lineup anyway.

The only issues are, 1) who knows if Guerrero hits enough to be a proper 3B and 2) if he spends a year in the minors, he'll be a pretty expensive minor leaguer!

That said, I'm all for the signing. We can certainly use the infield depth/help.
    Good points. I read an article that said Guerrero probably needs a year in the minors, so I assumed that.

Frazier has fallen off this year. The nice thing is that there is a real shortage of decent 3b in the game right now. His combination of defense and power makes him a decent complimentary player. It sure would be nice to have him bounce back to 2012 form though. Still, if he plays at 2013 level next year, I think there will be interest if he's shopped, although I agree that most clubs probably aren't lusting after him.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I wonder if Walt can get some kind of package/volume discount for Guerrero/Choo.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I wonder if Walt can get some kind of package/volume discount for Guerrero/Choo.
    I see Marge Schott and Carl Lindner have had quite an impact on us Reds fans.

8. Likes:

OGB (09-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yes but signing one client doesn't necessarily mean that we can't sign another. Besides it might engender some good will in him.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...nder-guerrero/

“We scouted him extensively and had a lot of discussions,” Jocketty said. “But I don’t believe anything will happen.”

so they are but not really?

Maybe that means DatDude is staying put?

I'd be fine with that.
    Go BLUE!!!

Possibly Walt playing hard to get.

14. Likes:

RedsBrick (10-15-2013),Tom Servo (10-15-2013)

Doesn't sound like we know anything more now than we did yesterday.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Possibly Walt playing hard to get.
    Sounds more like Walt playing not interested.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

mdccclxix (10-15-2013),wolfboy (10-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sounds more like Walt playing not interested.
    I searched it, but couldn't find it. But I believe I remembered seeing the Reds rumored to be in on Chapman a few days before he signed, and Jocketty said something of this tone. I wouldn't put this as 100% certain we aren't going to go after him.

19. Likes:

Crumbley (10-16-2013)

“We scouted him extensively and had a lot of discussions,” Jocketty said. “But I don’t believe anything will happen.”
    Quote Originally Posted by nate1213 View Post
    I searched it, but couldn't find it. But I believe I remembered seeing the Reds rumored to be in on Chapman a few days before he signed, and Jocketty said something of this tone. I wouldn't put this as 100% certain we aren't going to go after him.

IIRC, Walt also said that Dusty will be back for 2014 and 2 or 3 days later he was gone. So maybe expect a 2 or 3 day window and the Reds sign him?
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

22. Likes:

Nosirrah (10-15-2013)

Turn Off Ads?