Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heard on MLB Tonight

Re: Heard on MLB Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    To me, Billy Hamilton doesn't look that fast on the bases." - Mitch Williams
    To me, I still think Joe Carter is not a clutch player, and I think he would be the worst player to have up to bat when the game is on the line - Mitch Williams
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

2. Likes:

klw (09-19-2013),NebraskaRed (09-19-2013),reds1869 (09-19-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I started the thread a little too early. That may be the best one yet. I mean honestly, those guys just say whatever the heck they feel, regardless of any factual representation. To the point where it is actually comical. Advanced level trolling.

If he said that, he is more of an idiot than any of us thought. Did he really say it though?
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

I enjoy MLB Network. Their highlight shows are really great (with the exception of the hosts interjecting their comments that show they might not know that much about baseball).

If you enjoy the lighter side of baseball, which I really didn't know I did, I highly recommend "The Best of Intentional Talk" which is on Saturdays at noon. Chris Rose and Kevin Millar are pretty entertaining...you just have to know not to take them too seriously. The Saturday show is a "clip show" from the week.

We've had Zach bat 2nd about 1/2 the time and about half the time down in the order.

63/82

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Is there an echo in here?
    Don't know how that happened.

Two words for MLB Network haters:

Heidi.

Watney.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

10. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (09-19-2013),mth123 (09-19-2013),Old school 1983 (09-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Two words for MLB Network haters:

Heidi.

Watney.

Sam Ryan too!!
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

wheels (09-19-2013)

I love MLB Network. I don't have to agree with everything they say to enjoy watching it. Part of the fun is disagreeing with them on occasion. Most of the guys are pretty knowledgeable, but none of them know everything, just like us here on Redszone. Even Harold Reynolds and Mitch Williams say something insightful once in awhile.

Harold Reynolds is a younger version of a misinformed Joe Morgan.

Start a Fire Harold Reynolds website now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I cannot even begin to fathom how somebody who knows fundamentally so little about a sport as Harold Reynolds does about baseball was ever able to play it professionally.

He has said probably all of the top 10 profoundly stupid things I've ever heard about baseball in my life.
    There will always be a disconnect between what someone who played at the highest level sees and what a fan or analyst sees.

16. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post

Sam Ryan too!!
    Yes, please!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I cannot even begin to fathom how somebody who knows fundamentally so little about a sport as Harold Reynolds does about baseball was ever able to play it professionally.

He has said probably all of the top 10 profoundly stupid things I've ever heard about baseball in my life.
    He may not always be articulate, but when he demonstrates plays on their in-studio field he does a very good job explaining why players need to do certain things. Last week, even my wife took notice when he showed why the shortstop was supposed to be standing in a certain place and she, a non-baseball fan stopped her annoyance at me for watching MLB network, and said I never knew that, that was helpful.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    If he said that, he is more of an idiot than any of us thought. Did he really say it though?
    This quote is taken out of context as I saw it. He was alluding to the fact that the way Hamilton runs is so smooth he doesn't look that fast when you are just following him -- they were showing him running to second on his double. And I agree with the statement, when you watched him you don't realize how fast he really is.
    Where we gonna go?

'
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?