Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns trade Trent Richardson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Browns trade Trent Richardson

In last year's draft, the Cleveland Browns traded four picks to move up ONE spot for Trent Richardson. Today, they trade him to the Colts for a first round pick that's likely to be in the twenties.

I just.... I don't even know. Thank the good Lord I'm a Bengals fan (growing up, I never thought I'd be able to utter those words).

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: Browns trade Trent Richardson

This sort of thing can happen when new ownership/management takes over, although it usually happens during the offseason. They get an extra #1, they get even worse in the meantime... definitely indicates they're not going to let Jacksonville have the first overall pick without a fight, if that's what you'd call it.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

3. Likes:

remdog (09-19-2013)

I don't think it will be a competition. Jacksonville might rival the Houston Astros for best minor league team in all of professional sports. I'd say the Browns will have their choice of Touchdown Teddy or Clowney, whoever Jacksonville passes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Browns are stockpiling picks, they must be in love with the 2014 draft. Have fun selling that to season ticket holders.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

lol
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Roll Tide

He should do well in Colts system.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

What. The. Hell.

I don't really see it as a bad deal, I don't think Richardson is an all world back waiting to happen.
    Go Gators!

The cost of acquiring TRich is moot now.

I think they got fair market value for him. Perhaps more (many people think its foolish to use a first rounder on a RB unless he is AP). For whatever reason, he has not impressed so far. Gonna have to let this play out.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The cost of acquiring TRich is moot now.

I think they got fair market value for him. Perhaps more (many people think its foolish to use a first rounder on a RB unless he is AP). For whatever reason, he has not impressed so far. Gonna have to let this play out.
    I'd rather pick up a 1st round OL talent and use a later round on a back, even if AP is available. Winning teams build from the line out.

And the Bengals look very solid on the line on both sides of the ball.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I don't really see it as a bad deal, I don't think Richardson is an all world back waiting to happen.
    Saban's backs aren't NFL powerhouses.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Saban's backs aren't NFL powerhouses.
    Neither are Auburn's.

14. Likes:

jimbo (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Neither are Auburn's.
    Cleveland just traded TR because they're dreaming of Ben Tate. Yep, Ben Tate.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

As a Colts fan I can't say I'm super impressed by this move. Again, unless he's AP I'm not sure a back is going to be the difference in being a good team and a championship team.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    As a Colts fan I can't say I'm super impressed by this move. Again, unless he's AP I'm not sure a back is going to be the difference in being a good team and a championship team.
    This was my initial thought too. However, the more I think about it, the more I am at least okay with it. Richardson is easily the best back Indy has had since James. With a good QB and passing game, he should flourish. The big question is can he stay healthy? If so, then I think at a minimum, it will be a decent trade. Maybe better.

Outside of Luck, the Colts have not been overly successful with 1st round draft picks for a while now. I know it's a new regime so it's not fair to blame Grigson for that, but the larger point is that late 1st round picks certainly aren't sure bets. Richardson is definitely a a good bet if his health holds up.

What is concerning however is that their defense and O-Line probably should've been a higher priority. I'm just not sure how that gets fixed. It's clear the Colts have decided to double down on the offense, but it's hard to do that when the O-line is so bad.

18. Likes:

George Anderson (09-20-2013),Revering4Blue (09-19-2013)

Turn Off Ads?