Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Shula calls Bill Belichick “Beli-cheat”

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Don Shula calls Bill Belichick “Beli-cheat”

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Likes:

Slyder (01-09-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Don Shula calls Bill Belichick “Beli-cheat”

If the shoe fits....
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Not that Belichick doesn't deserve the blemish, but IMO, that's pretty uncharacteristic of Shula, whom I have the utmost respect for. I think he wants everyone to remember the scandal because that was also the season Belichick's Pats came the closest to matching Shula's '72 Dolphins. Don't worry Don.... I remember following your team that year. One heck of a line-up, and I still remember the names of many of the starters.

I still, for the like of me, don't understand why Belichick did it? I think the guy is a great football mind and coach. But again, he deserves that blemish on what is, IMO, a pretty illustrious coaching career.

And as far as NFL coaches that deserve the utmost respect IMO..... top of the list is Tom Landry. What a class act.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Not that Belichick doesn't deserve the blemish, but IMO, that's pretty uncharacteristic of Shula, whom I have the utmost respect for. I think he wants everyone to remember the scandal because that was also the season Belichick's Pats came the closest to matching Shula's '72 Dolphins. Don't worry Don.... I remember following your team that year. One heck of a line-up, and I still remember the names of many of the starters.

I still, for the like of me, don't understand why Belichick did it? I think the guy is a great football mind and coach. But again, he deserves that blemish on what is, IMO, a pretty illustrious coaching career.

And as far as NFL coaches that deserve the utmost respect IMO..... top of the list is Tom Landry. What a class act.
    In 2007 I got so tired of hearing about the 1972 Dolphins I was actually rooting for the Patriots in the end to go undefeated, just to shut up Shula & Csonka, et al.
    Obviously the 1972 Dolphins were a great team, but just because they went 14-0 doesn't necessarily make them the greatest NFL team of all time, or even the greatest team of their era. I hated the "Steel Curtain" Steelers with a passion, but the '72 Steelers, not yet at their peak, nearly defeated the Dolphins in the '72 AFC title game. If the 1975 or 1978 Steelers had played the 1972 Dolphins I would have favored Pittsburgh by at least a touchdown, probably by more. I would also take the 1962 and 1966 Packers over the 1972 Dolphins.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Harbaugh really looks like a jacka-- here.

9. Likes:

Fullboat (01-13-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Harbaugh really looks like a jacka-- here.
    No he doesn't.

He was arguing more for the refs to give them time to decide who's eligible. It's as deceptive as putting 12 men in the huddle and breaking with 1 running off or 10 men in the huddle with 1 coming out late. The only difference is that it's legal.

11. Likes:

Razor Shines (01-11-2015)

If he had stopped there, sure. But he's still claiming it was illegal, and it clearly was not. He simply got out-schemed, and it's not very becoming to continue whining about it.

Hey Don, the 48 Browns were undefeated first, only through some silly loophole are they not counted.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If he had stopped there, sure. But he's still claiming it was illegal, and it clearly was not. He simply got out-schemed, and it's not very becoming to continue whining about it.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eptive-illegal

15. Likes:

Razor Shines (01-11-2015)

If anyone other than Belichick had come up with it, they'd be calling it creative and innovative. Belichick, it's cheating.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

17. Likes:

Spitball (01-25-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    If anyone other than Belichick had come up with it, they'd be calling it creative and innovative. Belichick, it's cheating.
    I don't think it's cheating, but I think it's kinda crappy. I think it was innovative for the Pats to take advantage of it but I think the Refs should have done a better job of giving the Ravens notice of who was eligible and who was not.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-11-2015)

I have no problems with Shula's comments. Kraft help Goodell get his gig and the fact that Goodell gave down a fairly light penalty and destroyed all of the Spygate evidence always struck me as very suspicious. You don't destroy evidence like that unless it's going to damage the sport.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Award Winning Baseball Player

Wonder what Don Shula thinks of the story that 11 of the 12 game balls the Pats used against the Colts were underinflated.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Turn Off Ads?