Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Browns trade Trent Richardson

Re: Browns trade Trent Richardson

nm
    Last edited by Boston Red; 10-04-2013 at 12:27 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

nm
    Last edited by Boston Red; 10-04-2013 at 12:27 PM.

MRI today initial fear is torn ACL according to reports.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Worst fears realized, torn ACl done for the season. I feel bad for the guy.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

It's official: God hates Cleveland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It's official: God hates Cleveland.
    Call me crazy but I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing for the Browns. The last thing the Browns wanted was Hoyer to play over his head this season and the Browns brass to think he was deserving of a contract (remember Derick Anderson?) This will give the current regime a chance to really see what Weeden can do and not give false hope that a journeyman backup is the next star.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This will give the current regime a chance to really see what Weeden can do
    Don't we already know what Weedon can do (not much good)? And Hoyer would have had 14 games to show his stuff. Not exactly a small sample size if you were worried about people getting too excited about him. If he could have managed to perform well for 14 games, it would have been hard to say he wasn't deserving of the starting QB role.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Worst fears realized, torn ACl done for the season. I feel bad for the guy.
    Of course, there was little doubt... The curse of Art Modell.

But the Weed Man did play pretty good, likely a fluke...

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Call me crazy but I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing for the Browns. The last thing the Browns wanted was Hoyer to play over his head this season and the Browns brass to think he was deserving of a contract (remember Derick Anderson?)
    I agree. It's bad for Hoyer obviously, but maybe not overall for the Brown's as far as future decision-making when it comes to the draft.

And don't ever mention the name Browns and that "other QB's name" ever again in the same sentence.

That was one terrible contract (decision), and I said so when they made it.

This will give the current regime a chance to really see what Weeden can do and not give false hope that a journeyman backup is the next star.
    Maybe losing his job will be a wake-up call for Weeden (I don't know). He didn't have Josh Gordon the first two games of the season, and that has made a difference.

Weeden, as well as the rest of this team, is definitely going to get tested over the next few weeks facing Detroit, Green Bay, and Kansas City.

Personally, I think they've already made the decision that Weeden ain't the guy. Even if he performs well, their overall win-lose record is what they are going to look at.

And I still say 6-10.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-05-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Browns and Colts both 3-0 since the trade. Good game by Richardson today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7755--nfl.html

Does anybody remember when the Cleveland Browns’ front office appeared incompetent for trading running back Trent Richardson to the Indianapolis Colts?

For those who need a refresher, the Browns dealt Richardson on Sept. 18 in exchange for a first-round pick. Many NFL observers believed Cleveland had given up on its season. Some thought Cleveland dealt away its best player to solidify a high draft pick in 2014. Meanwhile, Indianapolis supposedly acquired the final player needed to catapult its team to the Super Bowl.

Cleveland, we apologize.

Richardson has been an absolute bust since he arrived in Indianapolis, and as a result of his futility, he no longer will start for the Colts.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It looks like the Browns managed to mitigate a blown draft pick from a couple years ago. Kudos to them

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I wonder what Richardson would do behind a decent line. The Browns line isn't anything to write home about, and by many accounts, the Colts line is atrocious.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I wonder what Richardson would do behind a decent line. The Browns line isn't anything to write home about, and by many accounts, the Colts line is atrocious.
    Donald Brown isn't having too much trouble running behind that line. Richardson hits the hole very slowly and doesn't look decisive. I wonder if it would help him to lose a little weight to get a little bit more quickness. He would still be insanely strong, but 220 instead of 230 might make a big speed difference

17. Likes:

GAC (12-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Donald Brown isn't having too much trouble running behind that line. Richardson hits the hole very slowly and doesn't look decisive. I wonder if it would help him to lose a little weight to get a little bit more quickness. He would still be insanely strong, but 220 instead of 230 might make a big speed difference
    Donald Brown runs in different formations and when he started he had 8 carries for 8 yards until the 4th quarter. Not going to apologize for Trent but I doubt any back can be successful with the Colts interior line.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-04-2013)

Turn Off Ads?