Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Browns trade Trent Richardson

Re: Browns trade Trent Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Bernard seems to make the point about not making a RB a high first rounder. Look at what he brings to the table and there were questions about him being overdrafted at the position he was.
    There were questions last Spring. I haven't heard anyone question where he was drafted lately

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    There were questions last Spring. I haven't heard anyone question where he was drafted lately
    Which isn't really the point.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

It's been over a decade now since the new Browns came to being. At the time the talk was that it might be worth it to go 3 yrs w/o a franchise if that's what it took to get rid of an owner. The idea was even floated here in Cincinnati. I chimed in that I'd gladly go w/o the Bengals for 3 yrs in order to get rid of the Brown family but I was not convinced that we'd be granted another franchise so I opted against it. It's Mike/Katie and Co or nothing here.

Well, I throw this out for Browns fans. In hindsight, was it worth it to get rid of Art Modell? You've had a couple different owners since but are they any better than Modell?

I've always liked the Browns for someone who has no attachment to them, but man, it's getting to the point where you start to think maybe the NFL shouldn't have bothered bringing them back...
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has pleaded for patience with the team's coaching search.

"We have purposefully been very methodical in our approach," Haslam said in a Wednesday letter to season-ticket holders. "We believe it is very important to stay disciplined to this process and to interview all of the candidates on our list. We are strongly committed to finding the right person to coach the Cleveland Browns." Haslam's letter comes after the Browns were reportedly spurned by Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and Cardinals DC Todd Bowles. The team is thought to be waiting on Broncos OC Adam Gase, though NFL.com's Mike Silver has hinted it's no sure thing Gase will bolt Denver. Of the six teams to fire their head coach, Cleveland is the only one yet to find a replacement.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has pleaded for patience with the team's coaching search.
    That's rich coming from someone who fired their coach after only 1 year on the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

8. Likes:

jimbo (01-15-2014),Revering4Blue (01-15-2014),Tom Servo (01-16-2014)

"We have purposefully been very methodical in our approach," Haslam said in a Wednesday letter to season-ticket holders. "We believe it is very important to stay disciplined to this process and to interview all of the candidates on our list. We are strongly committed to finding the right person to coach the Cleveland Browns." Haslam's letter comes after the Browns were reportedly spurned by Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and Cardinals DC Todd Bowles. The team is thought to be waiting on Broncos OC Adam Gase, though NFL.com's Mike Silver has hinted it's no sure thing Gase will bolt Denver. Of the six teams to fire their head coach, Cleveland is the only one yet to find a replacement.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal
    LOL, they need to put up a giant circus tent over Cleveland Browns stadium, or whatever it's called now. Browns fans really deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's rich coming from someone who fired their coach after only 1 year on the job.
    Yup. Anybody who deserves to be a head coach in the nfl has to look at this job and think.... I'll take the next one that comes along.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    LOL, they need to put up a giant circus tent over Cleveland Browns stadium, or whatever it's called now. Browns fans really deserve better.
    Olberman did a 10-mimute piece last night on the owner's letter to the fans. It was hilarious.

The owner is so far out there. As Olberman put it, "Why does this guy even own a football team?"

Olberman did a 10-mimute piece last night on the owner's letter to the fans. It was hilarious.

The owner is so far out there. As Olberman put it, "Why does this guy even own a football team?"
    A better question is why Olberman has a show

13. Likes:

bucksfan2 (01-16-2014),George Anderson (01-17-2014),jimbo (01-16-2014),Sea Ray (01-20-2014)

Taking this much time is going to handcuff the new coach on getting his staff together.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    I was expecting that, but it was still a very funny segment.

Because he is smart, witty, entertaining, knowledgeable about sports and not afraid to ask hard questions?

17. Likes:

gilpdawg (01-18-2014),Wonderful Monds (01-18-2014)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Because there are still a few people in the broadcasting world that he hasn't burned bridges with?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

19. Likes:

indyscott (01-17-2014)

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase is “leaning toward” staying with Denver for the 2014 season.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?