Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liriano v. Latos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Liriano v. Latos

Is this a preview of the wild-card game? Pittsburgh announced Liriano will start their first post-season game and it appears Latos is lined up to do the same for Cincinnati. Let's see how it plays out tonight, but I, for one, do not look forward to having one game against Liriano decide the Reds' season.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Re: Liriano v. Latos

Liriano is tough but I would rather face the Pirates in a one gamer than the Cardinals based on how we do against them

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    Liriano is tough but I would rather face the Pirates in a one gamer than the Cardinals based on how we do against them
    That's actually why I rather see the Reds play the Cards in one game instead of a series.

I think our chances of going to the NLCS is better playing 1 game vs cards and a series vs the pirates than vice versa.

4. Likes:

REDREAD (09-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    That's actually why I rather see the Reds play the Cards in one game instead of a series.

I think our chances of going to the NLCS is better playing 1 game vs cards and a series vs the pirates than vice versa.
    Agree. We might get lucky one game
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

You know what? I don't care a fig who we face, where, how or when...bring 'em! The Reds are gonna beat 'em...I gotta feeling about this post season. It's when no one sees the serpent that he strikes the hardest.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-20-2013),757690 (09-20-2013),HeatherC1212 (09-20-2013),Tom Servo (09-20-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (09-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    It's when no one sees the serpent that he strikes the hardest.
    The Diamonbacks are not making this post season.

Wacha wacha wacha.

Liriano is 0-3 against the Reds this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Liriano is 0-3 against the Reds this year.
    I was thinking the Reds had handled him fairly well up to now. It doesn't matter to me who they would face in a one game playoff. Just score more runs than them. That's all that matters.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I would very seriously consider Homer Bailey vs. the Bucs if that's the matchup and it's one game or go home.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Both have had strong seasons but neither has lasted 7 innings against tonights opponent this year. Be interesting to see who steps up. Seems like Latos and Liriano would both do well in these matchups based on lineups but has not been the case.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Liriano has fared very poorly agaisnt Cincy this year, and he has faired much worse on the road also.

Latos has fared much better this year vs. the Pirates, and was superb last year in 3 starts.

There is a huge difference in getting Liriano at home or on the road.

We need to at least get the WC game at home.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Is this a preview of the wild-card game? Pittsburgh announced Liriano will start their first post-season game and it appears Latos is lined up to do the same for Cincinnati. Let's see how it plays out tonight, but I, for one, do not look forward to having one game against Liriano decide the Reds' season.
    You think Bucs fans are thrilled with the prospect of facing Latos in a loser-leaves-town scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

16. Likes:

Captain13 (09-20-2013),PuffyPig (09-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You think Bucs fans are thrilled with the prospect of facing Latos in a loser-leaves-town scenario?
    Steelers are en route to 0-16, bigger fish to fry.

I think in a high stress situation Homer is the pitcher to go with. Latos attempts to be too perfect in big time games.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think in a high stress situation Homer is the pitcher to go with. Latos attempts to be too perfect in big time games.
    Presumably this is based on 1 start?

Latos shut out Pittsburgh last year in the first game of a 3 game series shortly after the all star break that propelled us into first place forever.

Turn Off Ads?