Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: 9/20/13 - Reds vs. Pirates

Re: 9/20/13 - Reds vs. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero2.0 View Post
    I live about an hour and a half east of Pittsburgh. The Pirates commentators are hilarious. Joey's home run was "about as cheap a home run as you can get in this park." They are also saying that MLB has to come down hard on the Reds for picking on "Cutch." It is like a funeral right now.
    Also they said hamilton's slide into home was dressing things up. What tools. Hope they never win another game.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

They are also saying that MLB has to come down hard on the Reds for picking on "Cutch." It is like a funeral right now.
    Oh, boo-freakin'-hoo. "Picking on 'Cutch" What a bunch of clowns. I foresee some tears in some beers tonight.

Per Sportscenter, St. Louis leads Pittsburgh by 1.5 games. No word on Cincinnati in the central standings.

I think there is no doubt after tonight that the Reds are in the Pirates' heads.

6. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-20-2013),toledodan (09-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Per Sportscenter, St. Louis leads Pittsburgh by 1.5 games. No word on Cincinnati in the central standings.

Let em forget. They'll be forced to remember in a week and a half.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

After reading about the Pirates announcers/etc. whining & crying, I suddenly have the Minor Threat song "Sob Story" stuck in my head right now.

9. Likes:

OGB (09-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    So why is it a few specific posters disappeared after the Reds came back? That's what gets me... it's not just the negativity, it's that those people are nowhere to be found when the going gets good.
    Here's one. Fantastic comeback!! I hearby stay out of the game threads from this point on. Well, at least until I can read through all the clutter before I put my foot in the mouth. I can now go back and watch the taped game. I kept turning it off, afraid and too aggravated to watch. Heck, I even watched cartoons with the granddaughter! I'm staying on the bandwagon for the duration (actually, I never was off)! As someone way back in the thread said, we're all Reds fans here. We all want the best for this team. This win should propel these guys for the rest of the year. Now, let the Pirates look in the rear view mirror a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime58 View Post
    I think there is no doubt after tonight that the Reds are in the Pirates' heads.
    Let's hope. No experience being in this position. Getting that first wc spot is so important. I don't think they would handle the pressure of a 1 game playoff in cincy.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Also, Reds are all wrong in hitting Cutch. It was on purpose or Hurdle wouldn't be out there. Shouldn't have taken Liarino out. Mel says "they hit the balls in the wrong places. That was our game to win," he says. "It's a game that was ours and I think the Reds know that too."
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

An insanely fortunate win.

Never would've taken Liriano out as he was rolling.

1 strike away multiple times and errors and bloop...lol

Votto's HR? That was the most unlikely HR off the bat I've seen all year.

The Jolly Roger seemed to bring bad karma to the Buccos.

A special thanks to Grande and Casey for forcing me to mute the TV.

The Pirates still haven't cleared the "hurdle" of never making the postseason....see if they can overcome that horrible loss.

What's Hamilton's WAR? He is so valuable.

14. Likes:

WVRedsFan (09-20-2013)

I live about an hour and a half east of Pittsburgh. The Pirates commentators are hilarious. Joey's home run was "about as cheap a home run as you can get in this park." They are also saying that MLB has to come down hard on the Reds for picking on "Cutch." It is like a funeral right now.
    Funny thing is those cheerleaders always complain when the Reds hit a cheap dinger in GABP, now they're complaining when it happens in their own park.

Don't like it? Don't give 'em up whiners.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

16. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-23-2013),joshua (09-20-2013),MillerTime58 (09-20-2013),toledodan (09-20-2013),Tom Servo (09-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Here's one. Fantastic comeback!! I hearby stay out of the game threads from this point on. Well, at least until I can read through all the clutter before I put my foot in the mouth. I can now go back and watch the taped game. I kept turning it off, afraid and too aggravated to watch. Heck, I even watched cartoons with the granddaughter! I'm staying on the bandwagon for the duration (actually, I never was off)! As someone way back in the thread said, we're all Reds fans here. We all want the best for this team. This win should propel these guys for the rest of the year. Now, let the Pirates look in the rear view mirror a while.
    No worries man. There are only a few suspects/persons of interest that fit this description. They're usually the same few that do it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

If I were in a public place where a crowd would ensure I wouldn't be beaten to too much of a pulp, I would yell "Frack you" at Hurdle (or the broadcasters...whoever is doing all this mentioned whining), right to his face.

Only I wouldn't say "frack".

"The Cincanniti Reds have to know they *stoled* one tonight," said the former Pirate reliever.
    What a bunch of idiots.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id...ayer_id=519023

0:30 - Heisey doing his best Ric Flair impression.
    Can't stop watching this. Love Frazier waving Hamilton home.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

21. Likes:

redsmetz (09-21-2013),WVRedsFan (09-20-2013)

Turn Off Ads?