Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast

Thread: 9/20/13 - Reds vs. Pirates

Re: 9/20/13 - Reds vs. Pirates

Most impressive part of the win was putting together good at bats late in the game. Hope that continues.

2. Likes:

Ironman92 (09-21-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Mes looks absolutely scared to death at the plate
    Just read most of the game thread. This post is my nominee for silliest of the night and probably much longer. Mes is a total gamer, I wasn't sure he would get a hit, but I certainly knew he was going to battle.

I was asleep for the comeback, may I say Reds win!

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    MLB just reported that Hurdle, when asked about why he pulled Liriano still south of 100 pitches, said that Liriano had come up to him before the inning saying "I'm done."

Wow. Really. How does your #1 say that? Not sure I believe it.
    I just read that. If that really happened then Hurdle should have told him, "give me ten more pitches and we will see where we are then". Mangers sometimes has to ask a player to do a little more this time of year. Also if Liriano said that I have a little less respect for him. You have to be able to take the ball and at least try to get through that inning. To me he was still strong and dominate. You have to wonder too what that Pirate clubhouse is thinking about him today.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

What an amazing win! It's been a long time since I have seen the Reds win one like this at this time of year. The Pirates have to be reeliing after last night. I don't know how you can overcome a loss like that. Still an crazy set of circumstances in the 9th. You can never say enough good things about Mesoracos AB. Just a real battle that makes baseball fun. Also Hamilton is something else. I don't know if anyone else in baseball could have scored on that ball in the 9th. He scored without a problem. Just amazing!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Great win! Fell asleep with the radio on after Rocco ties it up...
    Makes up for this debacle 12+ years ago:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00104040.shtml
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 17-16
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    What an amazing win! It's been a long time since I have seen the Reds win one like this at this time of year. The Pirates have to be reeliing after last night. I don't know how you can overcome a loss like that. Still an crazy set of circumstances in the 9th. You can never say enough good things about Mesoracos AB. Just a real battle that makes baseball fun. Also Hamilton is something else. I don't know if anyone else in baseball could have scored on that ball in the 9th. He scored without a problem. Just amazing!
    It was an amazing win; arguably the best one of the year. The Reds clearly outclassed the Pirates with their poise, slick fielding and oberall maturity. In other words the Reds looked like the Cardinals usually look in big games whereas the Pirates looked like they weren't sure that they belonged.

Having said that, IMO this was the first of a 7 game series with this team where the only game that really matters is game 7. That's the reality of the situation

Just reading some of the coverage out of Pittsburgh. They're all bent out of shape on Cutch getting hit. They're saying it turned the game and that Dusty has a long history of doing this everywhere he goes lol. For a team that beans a lot of batters they sure get all out of sorts when it happens to them.

I'm not sure if it was intentional. At the time I didn't think was but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Just reading some of the coverage out of Pittsburgh. They're all bent out of shape on Cutch getting hit. They're saying it turned the game and that Dusty has a long history of doing this everywhere he goes lol. For a team that beans a lot of batters they sure get all out of sorts when it happens to them.

I'm not sure if it was intentional. At the time I didn't think was but who knows.
    This only shows that they're letting the Reds get into their heads and this hurts them. They're seeing ghosts that aren't there. No wonder they're looking like a choking team. This kind of reminds me of our Reds when this crew first made the playoffs vs Philly. They were totally psyched out and couldn't even muster a hit in game one. Kicked the ball all over the field in game 2. They were done before that series ever started

I could not have made it through that game......watching it, let alone playing in it.

It is how Sea Ray said...like the Cardinals win many of their games. By complete unreal ways.

They won it this way too against the Brewers. That Hanger by Colonel Hossenpepper to Gomez......was so fat even Paul Janish could have hit into CF. Instead he hits right to the worst place possible...at 3B.

I'm on evening shift now, so I didn't get a chance to watch the game but my girlfriend texted me some play-by-play the last inning. Unreal. This has to be the most improbable win of the season for the Reds. Down three with two outs in the 9th against a dominant bullpen, and they rally to win? Wow. Hopefully this propels them to winning the division but the Reds have to continue winning and hoping for help vs the Cardinals.

Billy Hamilton is electric! The Reds would be crazy not to put him on the playoff roster.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

14. Likes:

goreds2 (09-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Like a basketball team that presses. They don't like to be pressed.

Was at a club last night seeing an 80's band. The freakin' place did not have FSO. It was though almost as exciting watching the results pop up on my friend's i-phone then actually watching it!

I did get home just in time to see the FSO game replay and guess what, it was the start of the 9th inning!

Should Tom Servo start tonight's game thread as last night?
    Last edited by goreds2; 09-21-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: add the Tom Servo comment
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Great win! Fell asleep with the radio on after Rocco ties it up...
    Makes up for this debacle 12+ years ago:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00104040.shtml
    Nice find. Nearly identical.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I was away tonight (high school football game--Cambridge won 27-25 at East Liverpool), but I recorded the game, and just got done watching!

FYI, East Liverpool is on the Pennsylvania border, and most of their people are Pirates fans. The PA announcer even gave an update during halftime, "In the fifth inning--Cincinnati 2, AND THE BUCCOS 4!!!" However, since he gave no other updates the rest of the game, I suspected that the Reds had come back and at least tied it up.

What a comeback!

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Barry Larkin - 198
    10. Vada Pinson - 186
    11. Wally Post - 172
    12. Jay Bruce - 164
    13. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Brandon Phillips - 160
    15. Joey Votto - 157
    16. Joe Morgan - 152
    16. Pete Rose - 152
    18. Lee May - 147
    19. Dan Driessen - 133
    20. Reggie Sanders - 125
    21. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    22. Sean Casey - 118
    23. Frank McCormick - 110
    24. Dave Parker - 107
    25. Chris Sabo - 104
    26. Dave Concepcion - 101
    I can't wait to see this trio crack the top 10 for the Reds all time list. Any chance Bruce ever passes bench?
    Most Vottomatic Player

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I can't wait to see this trio crack the top 10 for the Reds all time list. Any chance Bruce ever passes bench?
    Any CHANCE? I'd say it's a near certainty as long as he remains moderately healthy.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Turn Off Ads?