Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reynolds slated to start on Wednesday

Re: Reynolds slated to start on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I had heard he still feels discomfort, so he's not any closer to returning.
    Thanks. Looks like he will be off the playoff roster too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pirates rotation setting up like this (not too thrilled about potentially facing Liriano in the 1-game playoff):

Charlie Morton, Gerrit Cole and Francisco Liriano will get the starts in a series in Chicago against the Cubs, beginning tonight. Hurdle wouldn't give up his rotation for the Cincinnati series, but A.J. Burnett, Morton and Cole are expected to start after an off day Thursday. That would leave Liriano to pitch in the wild-card game -- or the first game of the National League Division Series, should the Pirates catch and pass the St. Louis Cardinals to win the Central Division title, though that seems unlikely.

To me, its seems AJ Burnett gives the Reds the most problems of all the Pirate starters. If he's not starting a one game playoff against the Reds I will feel pretty good about the Reds chances.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Of all the Pirate starters, I fear the Reds facing Morton the most but the other guys are all good too.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I know it doesn't line up this way, but I feel most comfortable with Bailey in a must-win playoff game.

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-23-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Assuming the Reds get within 1 by start of play on Wednesday you absolutely cannot start Reynolds and must line up Latos/Bailey for the next week.

You have to go Latos on Wed for the sweep and then Homer on Friday to start off the Pirate series with a win...

9. Likes:

OGB (09-24-2013)

For me, Reynolds gets nowhere near the mound the rest of the way, unless they've clinched the division (not likely). It's like conceding a game. This isn't the Astros. Only way it makes sense if it's a "bullpen day" and hope he can get through a couple of innings w/out any damage.

IMHO, Reynolds is simply a smoke-screen...the only variable would be a Cueto setback as he pitches today/recovers tomorrow...

Regardless of the stakes, the best way is already established and set-up...

Today: Cueto
    Tuesday: Leake
    Wednesday: Latos
    Thursday: Off
    Friday: Bailey
    Saturday: Arroyo
    Sunday: Cueto (what a bonus to have him able to pitch a deciding regular season game and still have Horses #1 and #2 ready for playoffs)

Next game: (Most likely Tuesday): Latos
    Probable lineup in Division Series: Bailey, Arroyo, Cueto (yes, I'd go with him over Leake if he holds up this week), Latos, Bailey

Not many teams could have Games 3-5 of a division series pitched by Cueto, Latos and Bailey...

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (09-23-2013),M2 (09-23-2013),REDREAD (09-23-2013)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Maybe not realistic at this point, but I wouldn't mind having Arroyo in between Latos and Bailey for the final series. Make them adjust to the soft-tosser between the hard-throwing guys.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I would do this:

and then start Latos
    The more I watch it, and I find it hard to look away, the most bizarre member of the group is the little one (male or female?) who seems overly excited to be next to the bouncing ball of adipose.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The more I watch it, and I find it hard to look away, the most bizarre member of the group is the little one (male or female?) who seems overly excited to be next to the bouncing ball of adipose.
    (Bolded, underlined and italicized...) Had to look it up...

ad·i·pose adjective \ˈa-də-ˌpōs\

Definition of ADIPOSE

: of or relating to animal fat; broadly : fat
    — ad·i·pos·i·ty noun
    See adipose defined for kids »
    Examples of ADIPOSE

<seals have a thick layer of adipose tissue, which acts as insulation against the cold and contributes to buoyancy as well>
    Origin of ADIPOSE

New Latin adiposus, from Latin adip-, adeps
    First Known Use: 1743
    Related to ADIPOSE

Synonyms
    fatty
    Antonyms
    defatted, lean
    Related Words
    blubbery; greasy, oily; lardy, rich
    Near Antonyms
    fibrous, gristly, stringy, tough; nonfat
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

16. Likes:

VottoFan54 (09-24-2013),wlf WV (09-23-2013)

The Reds TV broadcast team over the weekend were talking like the Reds would start Latos on Friday and then bring him back on short rest to start Tuesday. That'd be the dumbest of all plans. Let's hope the Reds are smarter than that

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-23-2013),Norm Chortleton (09-23-2013)

If Cueto is healthy......and ready to go...he has pitched very well against the Pirates in his career, with pretty much the same hitters on that team that he has faced in the past.

I can see them starting Latos Friday and bringing him back on Tuesday, on short rest for the Tuesday game, provided he does not throw more than 70-80 pitches in that Friday game.

That Cingrani injury really messed things up. Reynolds could barely go 3 against a really bad Astros team that is not only AAA bad but playing out the string on top of it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Reds TV broadcast team over the weekend
    That's using the term loosely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Reds TV broadcast team over the weekend were talking like the Reds would start Latos on Friday and then bring him back on short rest to start Tuesday. That'd be the dumbest of all plans. Let's hope the Reds are smarter than that
    I agree. I want no part of Latos -- or anyone else on the staff -- pitching on 3 days rest.

I'm confused what was the problem with the initial plan not involving reynolds?
    Just call me Legs

Turn Off Ads?