Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 800

Thread: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

  1. #136
    Member RedsBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    602

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    DatDude is a beast!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    14,314

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Mets announcers applauding BP's defense, wondering why he doesn't win the GG award every year, even though Barney makes fewer errors.

    Maybe Reds should borrow the Mets TV announcers for one game. Might get some better press.

    Kidding

  4. Likes:

    Cursh14 (09-23-2013)

  5. #138
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    LOL, Votto walked over 100 times when Ryan Ludwick was out injured. I don't think Lud is causing the walks.

    Issue tonight is simply that Ludwick has had a very bad night so far.
    LOL,I totally disagree tonight. Luddy is the cause for the walks tonight. Votto was walked to get to Luddy especially the last 2 times.

    Who do you think would protect Joey more over the long hall, Luddy or Bruce?

    Why not bat Joey 2nd, Phillips 3rd and Bruce 4th?

    This is not the same Luddy as 2012...not even close.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  6. #139
    Member 1940757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    500

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    This is one of those times where no real advantage to keep elevating Harang's pitch count (now 81). He should be at least as much fun for the hitters as anyone coming out of the Mets' pen.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

  7. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Big Bear City, CA
    Posts
    608

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    LOL,I totally disagree tonight. Luddy is the cause for the walks tonight. Votto was walked to get to Luddy especially the last 2 times.

    Who do you think would protect Joey more over the long hall, Luddy or Bruce?

    Why not bat Joey 2nd, Phillips 3rd and Bruce 4th?

    This is not the same Luddy as 2012...not even close.
    My lineup would be:

    BHam
    Choo
    Votto
    BPhillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Hanigan
    Pitcher

  8. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    14,314

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    LOL,I totally disagree tonight. Luddy is the cause for the walks tonight. Votto was walked to get to Luddy especially the last 2 times.

    Who do you think would protect Joey more over the long hall, Luddy or Bruce?

    Why not bat Joey 2nd, Phillips 3rd and Bruce 4th?

    This is not the same Luddy as 2012...not even close.
    I don't know what is going through the Mets' mind. It is possible they are pitching around Votto.

    But keep in mind Ludwick missed four and a half months. The Reds may feel he will get going soon.

    You might also note that Ludwick has a 1.056 OPS in his career against Harang including three homers.

    And Bruce is hitless tonight

    So it's an arguable point which unfortunately hasn't worked out well tonight.

  9. #142
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    My lineup would be:

    BHam
    Choo
    Votto
    BPhillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Hanigan
    Pitcher
    Can't disagree with any of it... especially against a righty.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  10. #143
    Member 1940757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    500

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    My lineup would be:

    BHam
    Choo
    Votto
    BPhillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Hanigan
    Pitcher
    I like it except at catcher. Increasingly feeling like playing Meso more regularly would be a very good thing for us.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

  11. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Big Bear City, CA
    Posts
    608

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    I like it except at catcher. Increasingly feeling like playing Meso more regularly would be a very good thing for us.
    Mes would be my 1st choice, but I was assuming he is hurt.

  12. #145
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don't know what is going through the Mets' mind. It is possible they are pitching around Votto.

    But keep in mind Ludwick missed four and a half months. The Reds may feel he will get going soon.

    You might also note that Ludwick has a 1.056 OPS in his career against Harang including three homers.

    And Bruce is hitless tonight

    So it's an arguable point which unfortunately hasn't worked out well tonight.
    I hope he does get going soon. If not I got to set him. This is not about Luddy and his self esteem. This is about winning the division or a one game playoff. I bet a dollar to a donut that Hamilton does not start a one game playoff and Ludwick will start no matter how bad he is batting.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  13. #146
    Member 1940757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    500

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Mes would be my 1st choice, but I was assuming he is hurt.
    Not what his uncle theorized for me at PNC yesterday before offering me a beer.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

  14. #147
    Member 1940757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    500

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I hope he does get going soon. If not I got to set him. This is not about Luddy and his self esteem. This is about winning the division or a one game playoff. I bet a dollar to a donut that Hamilton does not start a one game playoff and Ludwick will start no matter how bad he is batting.
    Perfect case where a "like" wouldn't suffice. I agree. But, don't like. Don't like at all.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

  15. #148
    Member RedsBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    602

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Not what his uncle theorized for me at PNC yesterday before offering me a beer.
    Well, are you just going to leave us hanging?

  16. Likes:

    Tom Servo (09-23-2013)

  17. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Big Bear City, CA
    Posts
    608

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    This is the type of game that makes me nervous, and very frustrated. Facing a pitcher
    who we should arguably beat up on, and we can't get anything done. At the same time, the opposition is staying close enough to win this game.

  18. #150
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

    Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    This is the type of game that makes me nervous, and very frustrated. Facing a pitcher
    who we should arguably beat up on, and we can't get anything done. At the same time, the opposition is staying close enough to win this game.
    It happens at least once a week...right?
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25