Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast

Thread: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    It was really something to learn that Liriano, still with fewer than 100 pitches thrown, asked out of the Friday night game at PNC we won.

Driving back from Pittsburgh after seeing the Saturday and Sunday games, listened to local sports radio. Around all the navel-gazing and agonizing brought on by the Steelers collapse, they really had the talk hosts nad fans calling in agreeing in eviscerating Liriano for that move. Not a team player. No way AJ Burnett would ever do that. Etc, etc.

I still think it viable (not probable) we win the division. But, if we don't, I like our chances a lot if we're hosting the playin and facing Liriano. That said, the Steel City radio guys were saying more likely they pitch Burnett if in Cin.
    Don't fool yourself.....Liriano and Burnett both had the Reds beat last weekend...the bullpen gave up the game that Liriano started.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Don't fool yourself.....Liriano and Burnett both had the Reds beat last weekend...the bullpen gave up the game that Liriano started.
    Bailey had the Reds winning (certainly not losing) except for the errors I would counter.

50/50.

It was really something to learn that Liriano, still with fewer than 100 pitches thrown, asked out of the Friday night game at PNC we won.

Driving back from Pittsburgh after seeing the Saturday and Sunday games, listened to local sports radio. Around all the navel-gazing and agonizing brought on by the Steelers collapse, they really had the talk hosts nad fans calling in agreeing in eviscerating Liriano for that move. Not a team player. No way AJ Burnett would ever do that. Etc, etc.

I still think it viable (not probable) we win the division. But, if we don't, I like our chances a lot if we're hosting the playin and facing Liriano. That said, the Steel City radio guys were saying more likely they pitch Burnett if in Cin.
    It's that Pittsburgh attitude. Be tough or go home. They pride themselves in that and expect it from their Steelers (notice Tomkin's almost belligerent attitude and the players the same), their Penguins, but they forget baseball is a different game.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Nats and Angels have to be the most dissapointing teams in baseball this year.
    I thought the Reds were
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    It's that Pittsburgh attitude. Be tough or go home. They pride themselves in that and expect it from their Steelers (notice Tomkin's almost belligerent attitude and the players the same), their Penguins, but they forget baseball is a different game.
    You likely know him since you're in WV but i'd never before heard or seen a local sports media guy named Mark Madden until watching the local sports report in P'burgh last night. Guy was hugely entertaining to someone like me, not vested in anything he was saying. To say that guy wasn't pulling any punches about the Steelers' ineptitude would be seriously understating it.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I thought the Reds were
    Nats and Angels absolutely. But the Jays and Giants also get full consideration for most disappointing with strong arguments for all. The Floundering Four.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

You likely know him since you're in WV but i'd never before heard or seen a local sports media guy named Mark Madden until watching the local sports report in P'burgh last night. Guy was hugely entertaining to someone like me, not vested in anything he was saying. To say that guy wasn't pulling any punches about the Steelers' ineptitude would be seriously understating it.
    Madden is what Colon Dunlap--friend who used to write for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and is now a radio talk show host--calls a Yinzer. It's sort of like a redneck in WV. Not flattering at all.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

"So Fla Red"

I laugh everytime the word Yinzer is used in a post

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Bailey had the Reds winning (certainly not losing) except for the errors I would counter.

50/50.
    He contributed and only went 5 2/3

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I'm not buying that Reynolds is going Wednesday, and Latos/Bailey/Arroyo going on the weekend.

That leaves just Leake for the WC game. And, I guess, Cueto.

Well, If Reynolds does go, it will be Cueto.

He looked good tonight.
    I listened to the radio overlay last night and both Welsh and Marty said it would probably be Latos. Everyone they had talked to gave them the indication that Reynolds is just a front and it would be Latos.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Outsider looking in.... Liriano already put up 8 innings. Bucs up by 2 runs. He knew he was tapped, so he told his skipper. As much as I would have liked a complete game, I'd like my pitchers to be able to recognize that rather than going back out there pitching himself to a dead arm and then losing the lead.....Double whammy. Dead arm would be awful this part of the season.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Awesome game last night (we scored some amazing seats off Stub Hub ) and I'm now 15-1 on the season. I have NEVER had an attendance W-L record this good during a season so I'm pretty stoked right now. Aren't you all happy that I have tickets to the WC and NLDS games??!

Fave Photo (Choo is in this pile on the ground, LOL):
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-24-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (09-24-2013)

^ Redszone needs to send you to every playoff game the Reds play in.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (09-24-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    ^ Redszone needs to send you to every playoff game the Reds play in.
    I all ready have tickets to the WC game and the first two home NLDS games but anything else will have come from donations because the Heather bank is pretty empty, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-24-2013),KittyDuran (09-24-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (09-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to something unconventional from the Reds end either...now don't ask me what that would be.
    Chapman finally gets his start.....that would be unconventional.

Turn Off Ads?