Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds unsure if Hamilton will be on playoff roster

Re: Reds unsure if Hamilton will be on playoff roster

Starting today

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Walt makes the playoff roster, no?
    I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if they're going to bump Simon to make room for Walt on the playoff roster.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

4. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-25-2013),Norm Chortleton (09-25-2013),OC_Red (09-25-2013),Tom Servo (09-25-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I've had mine for a while! There is NO WAY there's 15 guys (assumed 10 man pitching staff) who could be more valuable than Hamilton in the playoffs and no excuse for even saying Hamilton may not be kept for playoffs. His legs alone make him more valuable than most of our bench has been this year.
    My only concern is that we have a sufficient number of torches and pitchforks.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if they're going to bump Simon to make room for Walt on the playoff roster.
    I'm not bumping Simon for anyone and that includes Walt!
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

7. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (09-25-2013),REDREAD (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    My only concern is that we have a sufficient number of torches and pitchforks.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    That should do nicely.

After today's caught stealing, Dusty probably gives him the ax.

This feels eerily like the Chapman decision in Spring Training.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    You mean an overblown fan reaction to innocuous statements based on information we aren't privy to?

Sure does.

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-26-2013),jimbo (09-25-2013),Mitri (09-25-2013),mth123 (09-26-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (09-26-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Not really. In spring training we had the pitching coach and general manager saying the exact opposite of the manager.

Here, we are hearing the media saying that some unnamed people want Hamilton on and some unnamed people don't. If Joe Morgan is saying keep Hamilton off, who cares? If it is Walt or Dusty saying it, and the other is on the opposite side, then we have a real issue. But right now, we don't know who is saying what.

It was briefly mentioned on PTI today. One of the reasons given for not having him on the roster-Dusty was worried Billy wouldn't be able to handle the playoff pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    It was briefly mentioned on PTI today. One of the reasons given for not having him on the roster-Dusty was worried Billy wouldn't be able to handle the playoff pressure.
    Would he explode?

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Well, that pretty much ends any speculation about a Hamilton start.

I do figure he will be on the roster.....probably at the expense of a pitcher.

Which is a more likely way to score a late inning run: Hamilton as a pr, steals 2nd (and/or 3rd) and scores on whatever kind of ball in play, or Heisey/Paul/Izturis/Hannahan hits a pinch hit hr?

I just hope the above factors into decision of the PTB, can't see how it wouldn't be decisive on the result

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Until he's actually not on the roster, which is allowed to be altered each series, this is much ado about nothing.

Turn Off Ads?