Thread: Reds unsure if Hamilton will be on playoff roster

Re: Reds unsure if Hamilton will be on playoff roster

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Would he explode?
    Spontaneous human combustion.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    It was briefly mentioned on PTI today. One of the reasons given for not having him on the roster-Dusty was worried Billy wouldn't be able to handle the playoff pressure.
    Given his history, I'm far more worried about Dusty being able to handle the playoff pressure.

4. Likes:

Ironman92 (09-26-2013),joshua (09-26-2013),malcontent (09-25-2013),Red Raindog (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    In the playoffs. Izzy is going to play IF only in case of dire emergency.

Hamilton can do that, too. By all accounts, he was an excellent SS.
    Whose accounts are those? He's inadequate same as Frazier and Hannahan. There are two guys on the roster who are capable at SS - Cozart and Izturis. Brandon Phillips would be my next choice. Unfortunately, those three are also the only guys capable at 2B. If they are going to short the IF, Hannahan is the guy who should be left off the roster. Izturis can play all the positions. Hannahan is really only adequate at 3B and 1B (Frazier too, though he can play the OF as well). Offensively, I really don't see as much difference as people seem to think there is neither player is any kind of offensive threat and neither would be a player I would choose to play in a post-season game. Stick one on the end of the bench in case of emergency and the other needs to be sidelined. The one you keep is the one who can field all the spots IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6. Likes:

REDREAD (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Until he's actually not on the roster, which is allowed to be altered each series, this is much ado about nothing.
    Much ado about nothing is our specialty sir.

8. Likes:

Always Red (09-27-2013)

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...-playoff-game/

The Reds are keeping tight-lipped about their wild card game roster until it has to be turned in Tuesday morning – only then, said both manager Dusty Baker and general manager Walt Jocketty, would the roster be announced.

Reds rookie outfielder Billy Hamilton was in Pittsburgh with the team on Tuesday and took batting practice, as did most of the rest of the team. Some of the Reds September call-ups, such as Neftali Soto and Henry Rodriguez, were not with the team in Pittsburgh.

In all, there were 16 position players with the Reds in Pittsburgh. - C. Trent Rosecrans

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Reds rookie outfielder Billy Hamilton was in Pittsburgh with the team on Tuesday and took batting practice, as did most of the rest of the team.
    The Reds have had batting practice this morning already? I've barely had my coffee. Maybe I need to give this team more credit.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I haven't read all the previous posts, so apologies if this is a repeat: With the impact Hamilton had on the last series in Pittsburgh, how in the wild-world-of-sports could you leave him off the roster?

BTW, as for Dusty worrying about Hamilton being too nervous in a playoff situation: How about the Rays' Madden putting a kid making his MLB debut in CF for the bottom of the 9th in last nights game? Guts!!
    Last edited by Old NDN; 10-01-2013 at 11:00 AM.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    BTW, as for Dusty worrying about Hamilton being too nervous in a playoff situation: How about the Rays' Madden putting a kid making his MLB debut in CF for the bottom of the 9th in last nights game? Guts!!
    The only people worrying are those who like to bash the manager or need more hobbies. Hamilton will be on the roster today. Make no mistake about it.

13. Likes:

jimbo (10-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?