Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Mr. Choo!!!!!!!

Thank you Mr. Choo!!!!!!!

Thanks for coming here and showing us what we have been missing in the leadoff spot for the last two decades or more. Thanks for switching positions in the OF and doing so quietly and effieciently. Thanks for helping us make the playoffs again despite many players going down to injury throughout the year which hadnt happened in the last 3-4 years. Thanks for ALL that you have done on the field for us the Reds Fans. WE APPRECIATE YOU AND DESPERATELY WANT YOU BACK IN A REDS UNIFORM IN 2014!!!!!!!!

2. Likes:

REDREAD (09-27-2013),Redsfansince72 (09-25-2013),remdog (09-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thank you Mr. Choo!!!!!!!

He wont read this

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    He wont read this
    Yes, it should have been written in Korean.

6. Likes:

CoachBombay (09-25-2013),dubc47834 (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    OK

yeogie-ogo uliga jinan susib nyeon isanglideu opeu jali eseo nulag doen geos-eul uliege boyeo jusyeoseo gamsahabnida. OF ui wichileul jeonhwan hago joyonghi effieciently ileohge jusyeoseo gamsahabnida. ulileul dowa jusyeoseo gamsahabnida manh-eun seonsu ga hadnt neun jinan 3-4nyeon eseo il-eonan ilnyeon naenae busang e chulag edo bulguhago dasi peullei opeu leul habnida. dangsin-i ulilejeu paen eul wihae hyeonjang eseo suhaeng han modeun jusyeoseo gamsahabnida. ulineun 2014 nyeon dangsin-eul gamsahago pilsajeoglejeu yunipom-eul dangsin-eul dasi gajgo sip-eo ! ! !

8. Likes:

1940757690 (09-29-2013),CoachBombay (09-25-2013),Danny Serafini (10-08-2013),dubc47834 (09-26-2013)

google translate loses something doesn't it? When you put it back it says its afrikaans

10. Likes:

CoachBombay (09-25-2013)

For a Level Playing Field

Choo came here b/c he was traded here. Just to make sure no one thinks he came here out of free angency or out of the goodness of his heart.

I will give him a big thank you if he re-signs for less than he can get elsewhere.

12. Likes:

CoachBombay (09-25-2013),Redsfansince72 (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Choo came here b/c he was traded here. Just to make sure no one thinks he came here out of free angency or out of the goodness of his heart.

I will give him a big thank you if he re-signs for less than he can get elsewhere.
    Really? So you think that just because he is getting paid to be here he isn't a valuable asset and doesn't deserve some appreciation? I bet you appreciate a thank you from your boss/ significant other/ whatnot when you do something of value (even if you're expected to do it).

Thank you, Choo for a great year. Hopefully you stay here (for a reasonable price), but if not, I wish you good luck in the future (unless you're picked up by St. Louis of course).
    Reds record for games attended in 2014: 11-3

Most memorable game attended this season:
    Cueto out-pitching Dickey with a 19 pitch/3 strikeout 9th inning by Chapman

14. Likes:

remdog (09-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Hangul..... Korean is the spoken language.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Hangul..... Korean is the spoken language.
    Yeah, who doesn't know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yeah, who doesn't know that?
    Can I get an amen?

Didn't everyone else learn about Korea when they learned Choo was Cincy bound?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&Bourbon View Post
    Really? So you think that just because he is getting paid to be here he isn't a valuable asset and doesn't deserve some appreciation? I bet you appreciate a thank you from your boss/ significant other/ whatnot when you do something of value (even if you're expected to do it).
    No, but I think your ability to read between the lines is lacking. I will also tell you that no one in this thread is Choo's boss lol. I like Choo and he served a vital role on this 3rd place team. Before we get too overwhelmed with Choo-luv (and speaking of 3rd), I think of him right after I give praise to the starting pitching and Joey Votto.

No, but I think your ability to read between the lines is lacking. I will also tell you that no one in this thread is Choo's boss lol. I like Choo and he served a vital role on this 3rd place team. Before we get too overwhelmed with Choo-luv (and speaking of 3rd), I think of him right after I give praise to the starting pitching and Joey Votto.

Right now they may be a third place team, BUT they are going to end up with a record not much worse than most of the division winners in all of MLB, and that's with playing in the toughest division in all of baseball. That's an accomplishment.

Boo

Regardless of why/how he's a Red, he's done a great job, did what he was asked to do...without griping about it.

Why would he resign with the Reds for less than he can get elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Boo

Regardless of why/how he's a Red, he's done a great job, did what he was asked to do...without griping about it.

Why would he resign with the Reds for less than he can get elsewhere?
    Who is griping (other than you lol)? And who said he is not doing a GOOD job (except that LH ptiching thing)? The OP made it sound like Choo only came here b/c he was on some sort of Mother Teresa mission.

La$tly... b/c money i$ not everything (check out the 7 deadly $in$ thing)? The life$tyle difference between $10 mill and $13 mill per year i$ null. Playing with people you like and for a good/playoff team i$ pretty cool and might be worth $omething. $hould I go on?

22. Likes:

CoachBombay (09-27-2013)

Who is griping (other than you lol)? And who said he is not doing a GOOD job (except that LH ptiching thing)? The OP made it sound like Choo only came here b/c he was on some sort of Mother Teresa mission.

La$tly... b/c money i$ not everything (check out the 7 deadly $in$ thing)? The life$tyle difference between $10 mill and $13 mill per year i$ null. Playing with people you like and for a good/playoff team i$ pretty cool and might be worth $omething. $hould I go on?
    No one is griping...that's the point. Choo went from right to center without complaining about it...simply did what they asked him to do. I appreciate that, regardless of where he signs or for how much.

About the money...the thing is, neither you or I gets to determine how much is too much for someone else. Would I like it if he signed in Cincy for less than he could make elsewhere...absolutley! But that's not going to keep me from saying 'thanks' for a great season with the Reds while he was here.

24. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (09-27-2013),remdog (09-27-2013),Revering4Blue (09-27-2013)

Turn Off Ads?