Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 9/25/2013 Mets at Reds *Early Game*

Re: 9/25/2013 Mets at Reds *Early Game*

I remember back in May when the boys came into New York and swept the Mets playing real good solid fundamental workmanlike baseball. What happened to those guys?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Here's another bright spot: Don't think we'll get anymore posts saying Billy should be starting in the playoffs over Ludwick.
    While I don't expect it to happen. I'd take Billy starting over Ludwick in any game. At this point with Ryan's injury, they're both potential singles hitters anyway. One just happens to be a bit faster and appears to play better defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Didn't even bother to open the thread. Thought it was a strange title.
    It made sense. If the Pirates and Reds are within one game of one another going into Friday's game, then it doesn't matter who is ahead because whoever wins 2 out of 3 gets home field.

Had the clubs been even after yesterday's play, today's game would have been academic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I remember back in May when the boys came into New York and swept the Mets playing real good solid fundamental workmanlike baseball. What happened to those guys?
    They lost a 3 games series against an inferior opponent at a bad time. It's still a small sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    While I don't expect it to happen. I'd take Billy starting over Ludwick in any game. At this point with Ryan's injury, they're both potential singles hitters anyway. One just happens to be a bit faster and appears to play better defense.
    I stand corrected. keep those posts coming.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    They lost a 3 games series against an inferior opponent at a bad time. It's still a small sample size.
    Nobody's over reacting to just this series. We all see the big picture. You simply don't lose a series to a Triple A team at home this time of the year. You don't get shut down by these kinds of pitchers. Same issues we have seen the last two months against "inferior" opponents.

The playoffs ARE small sample size. It's about who executes on the day and doesn't fold under the pressure.

Oh, sorry. The answer we were looking for is "The Reds are the worst at everything and don't win because they don't care enough."
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I feel bad for Latos today. He deserved better. This inconsistent offense is not that of a championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    If the Pirates end up losing today, it will be.

For now, though, it sucks pretty bad.
    "if you're downright disgusted
    And life ain't worth a damn
    Get a girl with far away eyes"...
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Well, I guess on the bright side.
    If Pitt wins today, the Pirate series truly will be meaningless.
    The team will have 3 low pressure games to relax in before the sudden death game.
    Everyone should be mentally rested for the WC game.
    Sigh (yes, being sarcastic).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I saw Dice-K pitch earlier this summer and he looked pretty good.

Of course, he was facing the Toledo Mud Hens so.........

14. Likes:

Mutaman (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    I feel bad for Latos today.
    I feel bad for me. Hi Randy.

16. Likes:

Kudos to Hernandez, Darling and Cohen. After the Mets's dismal season they could have come in here and just gone through the motions, but they brought their A game and really got into the series. Unfortunatly, they made it clear that they did not think the Red Legs did the same.

Wow. Couldn't watch today's game. Tough on a weekday.

1-0. Something happened/went wrong with Latos? Maybe just that he threw a heck of a game but still lost I'd guess? Clearly no bats.

Big sigh.

Division obviously out of the question now and I guess looking more likely we'll travel to the playin vs host it. But it's one game. We just took 2 of 3 in Pittsburgh so surely we can take one wherever it is.

Will read through some/most of the posts even though I probably shouldn't be looking rearward.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Turn Off Ads?